Inzombniac

Can we brawl with any NPCs?

Missoury    17
46 minutes ago, William Antrim said:

Hopefully in a saloon after losing at cards yes! 

After loosing go to the backyard and shoot yourself ) this is real Wild simulator )

MadJack    11

It would be awesome to see if you be able to do that. Some people may say "Sounds too stupid" But I actually agree with this idea! 

Maybe you could even start a quick draw with them as well?

Note: Just an idea... chill out

- Mad

mmritter    567
3 hours ago, MadJack said:

It would be awesome to see if you be able to do that. Some people may say "Sounds too stupid" But I actually agree with this idea! 

Maybe you could even start a quick draw with them as well?

Note: Just an idea... chill out

- Mad

It's a hard one. Cause on the one hand people seem to really want to be able to start a fight with anyone while gambling. On the other hand, people want safe areas where you aren't going to get shot, on the other hand, people want to be able to gamble. This is all very complex.

What is the best most logical safe area? The saloon and such. Yet, people want specific ways to fight there (Brawling, shooting people at gambling tables)

How do you set up shooting at gambling areas or even brawling that stops someone from sitting down and doing it the moment the cards are dealt in a very troll like way just for kicks?

Now, I'm not speaking to how it'll actually be in game. I'm just speaking to the difficulties of setting it up right. It's fairly easy to do in a one player game, but these are VERY HARD things to design for a MMO.

Miss Dee    84
1 hour ago, mmritter said:

It's a hard one. Cause on the one hand people seem to really want to be able to start a fight with anyone while gambling. On the other hand, people want safe areas where you aren't going to get shot, on the other hand, people want to be able to gamble. This is all very complex.

What is the best most logical safe area? The saloon and such. Yet, people want specific ways to fight there (Brawling, shooting people at gambling tables)

How do you set up shooting at gambling areas or even brawling that stops someone from sitting down and doing it the moment the cards are dealt in a very troll like way just for kicks?

Now, I'm not speaking to how it'll actually be in game. I'm just speaking to the difficulties of setting it up right. It's fairly easy to do in a one player game, but these are VERY HARD things to design for a MMO.

Just a suggestion,

How about a "saloon" with gambling is a safe zone but a separate building labeled a "gambling hall" is a non safe zone. That way people can play either style. and the can choose.

• Upvote 1

Powers Magavin    132

Alternatively it could be a server option where the server owner choose whether or not they wish to allow fights in saloons etc (this would be cool for RP servers especially, where people would be less likely to troll and actually play accordingly), or as Dee said specific to different buildings i.e. "building A, B and C you can gamble AND fight in" but "building D, E, and F you can gamble but NO fighting"

• Upvote 1

Sorontar    22

Perhaps you can't draw your weapon, but you can 'challenge' someone in the saloon. If you want to fight about it, you have to move to a spot outside the saloon, or else the saloon's thug will throw you out the door and you'll be banned from re-entering for 1 hour/1 day.

After all, you could settle the challenge in so many ways - drinking competition, card games, darts, barber pole dancing.

Sorontar

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Foxxette    90

How to set it up? Make it a system driven option so people cannot "troll" it for the sake of it.  So for example, you are playing cards and the system randomizer (or however it is being planned to be implemented) allows you to spot that someone else is cheating you.  At this point, system then offers the affronted player something like this:

"You have caught Billy Smith cheating.  Do you wish to challenge him to:

A fistfight

A duel

Neither"

By clicking on one of these options, you can then initiate a fight or just carry on and perhaps try to counter-cheat.

Combining this with @Sorontar's excellent suggestion above about being thrown out; you should have a fairly easily implementable option.