mike_

GAMEPLAY TRAILERS???

Deja    99
23 hours ago, mike_ said:

WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME MORE GAMEPLAY OVER THE GAME... ONLY 1 TRAILER SHOWING NO PLAYER VS PLAYER, UI, OR ANY LIKE NECESSARY THINGS :|||

So you missed the part of the video where the players killed the other players?  Maybe you should watch it again.

mmritter    551
43 minutes ago, Obsi said:

Wouldn't need anything even close to 8 hours.

Point your phone at someone, start recording - wave to the camera, say hi, flash a peek at whatever's in the screen you're working on.... show us something in the game (someone walking around a new bit of the world that wasn't in the last video), tell us something cool and interesting you're working on.... stop recording and upload.  5-10 mins, max.

We don't need anything professionally recorded, scripted and set up.... a "hello, we're here and doing stuff, see this thing here we're working on today" would go a long way to improving PR with the customers.

They have been talking about doing dev videos and such. I've mentioned the desire for them. I think it'd be a good idea as well. I'm not saying it's hard, it just takes time and mental energy they're spending elsewhere right now.

I promise that this is something they know people want. Just to make it feel more transparent. (especially useful for our game)

Now, I also can't PIN THEM DOWN and force them to make vids and such. Nor do I want to. I only want them to do it if they feel they can do it and etc. Just keep in mind that it's a small team that wasn't expecting the kind of attention the game is getting. Your support is VERY appreciated and they hope to make good on it. Also, of course WWO isn't those other games. Which isn't to say we shouldn't look to those games as inspiration on how to handle things.

Which is all mostly a non answer of course. So, I'm not helpful. But yes, I understand what you mean. The team is aware and is thinking about ways to properly give more transparency.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Obsi    50
30 minutes ago, mmritter said:

Now, I also can't PIN THEM DOWN and force them to make vids and such.

Pfft .... We can always form a posse and lasso them to the chair and force them to make a video if you like - just say the word *wink*

Well I can't, because I'm on the other side of the world and have to be home for dinner.... but other people could....

Deja    99

I'd prefer forum interaction (which has been great lately) and game development over more videos.

In a month (or 2) we'll have game play in our own hands.  There's no real urgency on more videos.

• Like 1

Obsi    50

Things like a short video to show horse animation has been fixed and stuff like that - I think that's mostly what people are wanting...

But yes, ultimately an actual game is preferable to videos of a game lol

Program    0

This is what community managers are for. Posting updates in forums and making sure the community is in the know. See what I did there? lol. It wouldn't take up any more dev time if they set up one machine on a capture device and record while they are doing a play test. Then have the community manager, or hire a video editor to edit and upload the video. Completely removing any one on the dev team from having to do anything other than dev work.

Deja    99
18 minutes ago, Program said:

This is what community managers are for. Posting updates in forums and making sure the community is in the know. See what I did there? lol. It wouldn't take up any more dev time if they set up one machine on a capture device and record while they are doing a play test. Then have the community manager, or hire a video editor to edit and upload the video. Completely removing any one on the dev team from having to do anything other than dev work.

Or wait a few weeks and play the game yourself.  No budgets increased.  No muss. No fuss.  There's no NDA so Twitch/Youtube will be full of videos shortly.

mmritter    551
10 hours ago, William Antrim said:

Or just learn some patience and press caps lock. 

CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's a pretty crazy time for us during the past few and next few weeks.  We want to give this a go, but at least the next few weeks are really slammed for us.  WWO has garnered A LOT of attention more quickly than anticipated, and we're having to do A LOT more stuff than we thought we'd have to at this point. The "workload increase curve" is not tracking what we planned prior to the leak, and we're dealing with that.  More videos is on our "things we really should do" list and we really should do it. Hopefully soon.