Blurr

Suggestion for naming of characters

Blurr    4

I have been looking through a topic about names. I see a lot of people are worried about people using names like "xXKilledUrNanXx". Could we have a naming system where you enter a first name and last name instead? This would filter out names like before.

But we still have the chance of "xXKilled UrNanXx" so I move on to the next thing. When entering your name it should automatically set the case, so first letter of each name upper case the rest lower case. Suddenly that turns into "Xxkilled Urnanxx", which is better but still a problem. Further steps would be add filtered words.

Also, as there will be a report player option, maybe a report name option. When this button is pressed, it notifies someone high up. They then can choose whether it is allowed or not, if not then it could splash up on that players screen "Please choose a new name" with the two boxes to enter the new name. Once they press enter on that, the person who decided the previous name was not allowed should have to accept or decline the new one.

Also having a naming system like this opens up for opportunity like, when interacting with another player it only displays their first name.

Ps. Can we have a place to put our suggestions and ideas instead of general discussion?

Kind Regards,
- Blurr

Joe    61
29 minutes ago, Blurr said:

I have been looking through a topic about names. I see a lot of people are worried about people using names like "xXKilledUrNanXx". Could we have a naming system where you enter a first name and last name instead? This would filter out names like before.

I don't want a last name.

• Like 1

H3CTOR    16

btw i think choosable middle names would be cool. under middle name i mean like Henry 'the Butcher' Thompson for example. this could be based on the ingame activities, achievements.

what do you think @mmritter?

mmritter    567
1 minute ago, H3CTOR said:

btw i think choosable middle names would be cool. under middle name i mean like Henry 'the Butcher' Thompson for example. this could be based on the ingame activities, achievements.

what do you think @mmritter?

A pretty cool idea. Similar to the 'titles' a lot of games have I assume is how you imagine it?

• Like 1

Snerax    164
9 minutes ago, mmritter said:

A pretty cool idea. Similar to the 'titles' a lot of games have I assume is how you imagine it?

Titles would be very cool to have, and having them go along achievements. Something like 100 headshots gets you the "Bullseye" title.

• Like 1

Black Buffalo    190
2 hours ago, mmritter said:

a bit but here being able to choose it youreself would give much more originality

H3CTOR    16
2 hours ago, Snerax said:

Titles would be very cool to have, and having them go along achievements. Something like 100 headshots gets you the "Bullseye" title.

31 minutes ago, Black Buffalo said:

a bit but here being able to choose it youreself would give much more originality

both right, thats how i imagine it

even if someone doesnt want a last name works well. titles could be before or after the first name, both sounds good, maybe after the last name aswell, and being able to change it any time aswell

Blurr    4
2 hours ago, Snerax said:

33 minutes ago, Black Buffalo said:

3 minutes ago, H3CTOR said:

both right, thats how i imagine it

I would prefer to choose it myself too