Woody

Fake Tent Shadow Kill!?

Woody    245

When the Gameplay trailer was released, alot of people were pointing out the kill were the player shot someone dead through the tent with the help of his shadow, was unrealistic.
So I decided to layout all the facts we had, and maybe I could pin point the location of the light source, to see if the outlaw could've been shot through his shadow.
According to the light illumination on each flat layout of the tent I was able to guess the middle of the light.
The player was smart aiming for his body instead of a headshot, so he had a higher change of hitting him.
XVJUsz7.png
CErzM12.gif
(Tracked & stabilized on the tent)

• Upvote 8

The tent isnt big enough for the shadow to be offset too much by the body sitting inbetween the wall and the light source. It is fairly obvious just from looking at the tent that the light is highly likely to be situated centrally within the tent. Having the shadow cast on the wall it is almost certain that the individual would be stood in what is effectively the middle of the tent, off set to the right hand side of the pole (at least from the shooters perspective).  Id hope that anyone with knowledge of photography or light-rigging would be able to see that but i guess to others its not immediately obvious. 

I agree with your conclusion but I dont see how anyone has grounds to call it anything else is what I am trying to say. 

Obsi    50

I always took it that given canvass isn't bulletproof, the player doesn't need to be standing right against the tent wall to be shot, the bullet should be able to travel a distance enough so long as you've guesstimated the positioning right.  In this situation where you can see the shadow of the player move around the tent with 1 light source inside, If the shadow is directly in front of you, then so is the player - but the shadow won't be true size, so how large the shadow is gives you an indication of how far away from you the player is.  You'd be able to shoot through the tent and potentially hit your target.  Having someone with their back to you (like this) is a bigger target too, so more likely to be a successful shot.

Gobannus    90
27 minutes ago, California Fats said:

It's all fake because it's a video game.

Hahaahaha! You can't argue with that logic right there.

Black Buffalo    190
10 hours ago, Psykosis said:

The real question is that is there a "HIT" marker on the tent kill like there is when he kills the other bandit?

and is the tent dead too??? Poor tent!

• Like 1

Powers Magavin    131
23 hours ago, California Fats said:

It's all fake because it's a video game.

I'm not sure whether to laugh at this or feel worried because aren't you one of the CM's? I mean, if it's a joke haha that's funny but... I would hope the team isn't setting their bar THAT low. lol...

11 hours ago, Black Buffalo said:

and is the tent dead too??? Poor tent!

I believe what he is implying is there should be a hit marker no matter what when you hit someone (whether thru an object or not), hence also leading one to believe the other hit marker was added in post-production and not actually coded into the game yet