Laudan    1

Sad to hear they think anything to do with Wild West isnt survival game. Real needs as must ( fur cloaks, weather, food = endurance, hunting, etcetc )

VBR

Laudan

Lisa    227
5 hours ago, Joe said:

Can I have  a side of snake oil with that?

We'll see Joe...we'll see

mmritter    567

It is a feature in the engine itself that can be toggled pretty easily. So, if people realyl want it or it seems good down the line i wouldn't discount it.

• Like 1

rhiker    66

I have no desire to play DAYZ with western clothes and weapons.  I am hoping for a bit more.  I am not crazy with Crowfall requiring food to consumed regularly. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, mmritter said:

It is a feature in the engine itself that can be toggled pretty easily. So, if people realyl want it or it seems good down the line i wouldn't discount it.

It's great that the feature is available. Could be good to a certain extent as long as it doesn't just become a tedious need to constantly be thinking about meeting hunger or other needs. It may be interesting and not monotonous If there are parameters that can be met while doing other tasks. For instance if a hunger need or survival need can be accomplished while actually doing something exciting or fun like hunting, skinning, cooking on a campfire, and eating an animal. Or if a social need could be met by selling the fur or meat from the animal.

PS: No animals were harmed by this message. :-)

• Upvote 2

LVL3DiC    79
13 hours ago, rhiker said:

I have no desire to play DAYZ with western clothes and weapons.  I am hoping for a bit more.  I am not crazy with Crowfall requiring food to consumed regularly. 

To be clear I am NOT saying we should have a survival mechanic that involves eating but maybe eating to refill HP or something of that sort.  Maybe even just as an emote. Just a thought.

rhiker    66
7 hours ago, LVL3DiC said:

To be clear I am NOT saying we should have a survival mechanic that involves eating but maybe eating to refill HP or something of that sort.  Maybe even just as an emote. Just a thought.

I am pretty sure that tonics,food, drink, snake oil, etc for health and buffs will be in game. 

TwoDollarHoe    15

I'm down with survival games needing food to live, and I have played them all (been playing THE NEXT DAY recently its really good for early access)

but not this type of game 

MMO Food = Buff 

Survival Food = Live

Comprende ?