Lisa

How do you remain calm while aiming?

Lisa    226

I thought I could use a little practice before I try WWO. So I tried Arma. Turns out, I can't aim...When I'm about to shoot someone I get really nervous and I basically hit everything except my target. I was going to shoot this one fella in his back. He didn't even see me ("coward!" well, keep reading). Arms go full spaghetti mode...whatever. I fire, the bullets prolly grazed his head. He turns around and looks at me...I'm like wow he's alive, crap. Awkward for a second. "hey, just kidding!" nah, gotta take him out..but my aim is like I'm holding a giant firehose. Then I die, great. Stupid game anyway. I also hit the wrong keys when I panic. Tab out ect. How do you remain calm in these situations? Just practice more?

Lisa    226
48 minutes ago, LovegodArtemis said:

Gotta get used to shooter games, I guess. And practice, but it takes time to get decent in aiming. If you really want to step up your aiming, invest some time in shooters like csgo, like I did

//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wwoforum/monthly_2017_08/image.png.74a46dbf4ba61437b89e89cb93a93e9d.png

//s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wwoforum/monthly_2017_08/image.png.74a46dbf4ba61437b89e89cb93a93e9d.png

Thank you for your response. I think my aim is alright when I'm calm. I have no problem playing games offline. It's just that I get so nervous when I know there's a another person involved...I know it sounds stupid.

also, wow ~190 days, I just can't play that much :-P

Woody    246

You could try to move your ''nervousity'' to your Left Hand, instead of waving the mouse/aim everywhere, you just move your body, and jump, and crouch everywhere.
If you do that, the enemy won't be able to hit you either.

Second step is to practice jumping and turning in midair, crouching etc close to a target, so your co-ordination with your left and right hand work like 2 horses in front of a carriage.
Stepping 1 meter to the right while the enemy is in front of you? Turn your mouse/aim -+ 40 degrees to the left.
If you  are able to do these tasks at the same time with your left and right hand, you'll become a feared gunslinger in no-time.

Lisa    226
4 minutes ago, Woody said:

You could try to move your ''nervousity'' to your Left Hand, instead of waving the mouse/aim everywhere, you just move your body, and jump, and crouch everywhere.
If you do that, the enemy won't be able to hit you either.

Second step is to practice jumping and turning in midair, crouching etc close to a target, so your co-ordination with your left and right hand work like 2 horses in front of a carriage.
Stepping 1 meter to the right while the enemy is in front of you? Turn your mouse/aim -+ 40 degrees to the left.
If you  are able to do these tasks at the same time with your left and right hand, you'll become a feared gunslinger in no-time.

Maybe this isn't for me :-( jumping/turning/shooting midair...couldn't even hop a fence without breaking my leg...

• Like 1

Woody    246
Just now, Lisa said:

Maybe this isn't for me :-( jumping/turning/shooting midair...couldn't even hop a fence without breaking my leg...

Noo! Lisa! All my practices were ment to train in-game! Not in real life! (Please don't shoot yourself in the leg)

Lisa    226
1 minute ago, Woody said:

Noo! Lisa! All my practices were ment to train in-game! Not in real life! (Please don't shoot yourself in the leg)

That's what I meant too...I broke my leg hopping like a 2 ft fence. Or some other bone, idk there was a broken bone symbol and I couldn't stand up. I quit after that. No worries, I don't have a gun...yet, jk

Woody    246

@Lisa Oooh haha, that was probably a glitch in the highly realistic army game Arma 3. I'm sure WWO is not gonna be annoyingly realistic as that.
You could also try APB:Reloaded in the mean time, it's a Free2Play third person crime GTA-like MMO. That might be similar to WWO's combat system and free to try.

Lisa    226
10 minutes ago, Woody said:

@Lisa Oooh haha, that was probably a glitch in the highly realistic army game Arma 3. I'm sure WWO is not gonna be annoyingly realistic as that.
You could also try APB:Reloaded in the mean time, it's a Free2Play third person crime GTA-like MMO. That might be similar to WWO's combat system and free to try.

Idk if it matters but it was arma 2. ( the game is was talking about b4). I guess I didn't really think this through since I'm not really interested in games...I just want to play cowboy games without getting all shaky

edit: just tell me I got this, pep talk GO

Joe    61

Lisa, I get the same way every now and again, but when it happens I jump out of my own skin lol, especially in csgo when I don't expect someone to be in a spot. I wonder if quiet music in the background would take your mind off of being so jumpy when you shoot someone.