Sign in to follow this  
Fabulous

2 weeks out, unclear gameplay mechanics

TheDuke    11
8 hours ago, LVL3DiC said:

Shattered skies shares the same engine as WWO hence his comparison. LMS is a Battle Royale themed shattered skies with most of the same assets and... you guessed it, the same engine. Give yourself two seconds to think before you reply and you wont seem so dim... bud.

And just to further clarify things let me link you to the forum http://forum.playshatteredskies.com/forum/30-last-man-standing/

You got no idea. lol. SS went from 120 FPS in Alpha, to 80-90 in Beta to 30-40 upon full release for me. Eventualy they downgraded the graphics heavily and i got 150.
If SS on itself has had such a wide variety of different states giving entirely different FPS what would make anyone think LMS would give about the same FPS as SS? That just makes no sense.
Not in any game. Its not because they share an engine the FPS is going to be the same.

TheDuke    11
8 hours ago, LVL3DiC said:

Developers typically try to optimize a game to run @ 60fps with the resolution maxed. I don't think LMS runs in 4k (correct me if I'm wrong). So @ 1080p if you're getting more than 60fps, all is well. However with that engine you would imagine it would have numbers in the 100's as it doesn't seem extremely graphically demanding. I run a 1080p 60Hz monitor so hovering around 60fps is good with me.

I read in one of the interviews that the WWO devs are aiming for 60fps @ 4k.

Question is on what hardware.

LVL3DiC    77
6 hours ago, Reflekz said:

Since they are on the same engine that doesn't mean they are the same atol buddy. They had a year to optimize the game and it was totally different 

I am well aware that just because they are the same engine doesn't mean we can expect the same fps. As evident by this post I made three months ago. 

On 6/7/2017 at 9:58 AM, LVL3DiC said:

Might be a typo or cited from a different source but min req for ram on steam for SS is 4GB.

Keep in mind the engine is not the only thing that determines the system requirements, game elements will also factor in but probably only on the ram and storage.

The original post I quoted was citing fps on SS as something we can expect from WWO. I simply stated LMS, a game far closer in comparison, yielded me much higher frame rates and his issue with frames was likely due to hardware. 
Judging by your replies, this upset you... that was not my intention. Or maybe my use of the word bud was the trigger as you seem to keep repeating it... bud.  I don't presume to know what is in store fps wise for WWO but I do have high hopes as my experience with the version of the engine implemented in LMS was not bad.