Rio Wyeth

BUYERS BEWARE - Just a possible heads up.

49 posts in this topic

Before I begin this, I ask that you NOT shoot the messenger... and know that I simply aim to inform my fellow gamers.

I also want to state that I am very excited for WWO, and want to see the game succeed as much as anyone else.

I personally will let THE GAME speak for itself, regardless of the validity of the below information, and what it could mean for WWO.

But please take all of this with a big 'ol heap of salt.

[ We've removed link to Reddit Post ]

Please see our response at the end of the thread.

1 minute ago, Odaar said:

Thanks for passing the message along, we'll see what the final product ends up looking like

Exactly the message I hope everyone who see's this takes away as well. Let's let the game speak for itself.

The studio hasn't asked anyone for ANY money so far. In fact, they avoided doing so when they could've run a kickstarter and taken plenty of money (mine included, if I'm being honest).

So, despite whatever links there may be, despite whatever bad reputations there may be... I'm just going to keep an eye on this game and hope for the best.

Giving it more thought, I honestly can't blame them. It'll take a multitude of years to develop a sufficient game engine from the ground up. Sure yes, we're still in the rough stages of everything, but I don't see a problem with this at all. They're doing what the industry does: Reuse what they already had and making something more out of it. Perhaps it's not right to judge yet. Give them some time, show what they're doing and then draw a conclusion.

My opinion !!! Same engine...minimum requirements for WWO and Shattered Skies,Graphic Card : GTX 460.

Anyway m waiting for this game with all my soul in my body and with all my money in wallet.LOL

Hope they wont disappointment us and themselves first of all.Best wishes

Look at Rockstar Games. They've been reusing the same engine since 2008. The R.A.G.E Engine has been tweaked over the years but it's always been the same. GTA4, Ping Pong, Grand Theft Auto TboGT and Lost and Damned and finally Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2. Bethesda does the same thing to a lesser extent. If they can somehow tweak the engine to make it a bit better I'd be fine with it

god sake. the game hasn't out yet and this started. Get the game play the game and beep off. ok.  sick and tired of people bashing fricking games this early. and you talk about admins delete.  this topic ohh i wonder why.  and like a user above said others games use the same engine and tweak it  so not blame them too ? reading the reddit looks like the fool gave away his engine. SOOOO YEEEE  i get it the loser gave his engine away and wants to credit for the wild west online. 

Relax, if the game is good, people will buy and play it.

So and who can confirm 100% that this dude is involved in WWO or are you just trying to spread rumours without actually any proof @Rio Wyeth and the Reddit guy? The two screenshot he posted are literally impossible to compare for several reasons.

Let's wait it out and see. But the devs need to make an official post ASAP! I'm going to wait for gameplay first before I buy, even though pre-ordering will be around €20 instead of the final €40. It all depends on how far they are during beta testing, just a few weeks before launch. Devs should always keep 99% of their promises; in return gamers shouldn't get too hyped, with high expectations before we've seen gameplay footage.

If what you say is true this is his chance to do literally ANYTHING and EVERYTHING (that has been promised) to make this the best game that he's worked on/been involved with. They need to take their time and not rush things.

I must say I haven't played any of his (supported) games, but this does make me very skeptical. 

4 minutes ago, Shambler said:

That's the bad behavior to adopt I think. we surely must be cautious, Wait for the alpha and Beta, the game is about to be a major installment in the MMOs scene. we must continue building it. It's not too late, so please get back to your seat aboard the Hype Train !

Yeah. Nothing is confirmed or denied about all this. So let's just wait and see.

But it is a good life lesson. When there is a new game with some hype. Make a point to find out who and what is involved behind the scenes.