Rio Wyeth

BUYERS BEWARE - Just a possible heads up.

49 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MrJuke said:

We have been told WWO will be switchable from first and third person, and one of the 2 types of servers are PVE+PVP.

Let's step it down a notch here; the original comments about forum layout, and screenshot comparisons hold some weight. But switching between 1st/3rd pov is common across almost all third person shooters such as Arma, Dayz and PUBG. 

1 minute ago, Woody said:

What if he only is funding it? Maybe he is just here to make money, without creative input?

612 Games made clear this won't be Pay2Win game, and other statements from 612 are pretty different if you compare them to WarZ or other games.

If that was the case, I would be so happy!

This witch hunt is being held because of similarities between games and some other stuff linking Titov to the developers. Let's take a breath and wait for some confirmed info before freaking out entirely over speculation and possible coincidences. 

11 minutes ago, Yog Monster From Space said:

Lets just stop all the hear say and go to the Q&A page and each write the same question. There are two outcomes, they agree to take the question and everything is resolved one way or another or they go ape and lose their whole community by refusing. So everyone who is reading this just bombard the Q&A with "Is titov in any way related to this project or constituent engine / mechanics?". There, easy, done. 

Once we get a solid answer to the question I would say it's fair to go all crazy...

and the feature comment in this topic is an utter joke.  in all of the mmos i have played  there is one lot of mobs called harpies.  so come on this guy isn't the 1st of copying mmos. infact all the other mmos copy each other!.  and like another comment wait and see what the dev team say before we spread the hate and bitching ok ? i thought this community was suspose to be 20+ half of you are acting like kids !.

This one is simple. DJ2 has licensed the engine from Free Reign Entertainment, as it was only engine available for licensing that was built from the ground up and suitable to run online open world games. Also one that allowed us to achieve what we already achieved in a short time.

Since this topic generated so much interest we will release a more detailed response later today.

But please do not trust anything you read on reddit. They are smart people but speculation is speculation.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This one is simple. DJ2 have licensed engine from Free Reign Entertainment, as it was only engine available for licensing that was built from the ground and suitable to run online open world game and one that allowed us to achieve what we already achieved in a short time.

If it's the same engine I think.. The good news is it's highly modifiable right? That is good news, but I hope you don't use just their anticheat lol

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Since this topic generated so much interest we will release more detailed response later today.

Look forward to it! Thanks for the heads up :).

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This one is simple. DJ2 have licensed engine from Free Reign Entertainment, as it was only engine available for licensing that was built from the ground and suitable to run online open world game and one that allowed us to achieve what we already achieved in a short time.

Since this topic generated so much interest we will release more detailed response later today.

But please do not trust anything you read on reddit  

I find this very difficult to believe. The engine is notorious for being an absolutely buggy, un-optimised, hacker friendly mess that no credible developer should want to use. This excuse may have been believable 5 years ago, but nowadays you have engines that can support the features the game require and have viable licensing options. Unreal engine for example. Hell, even unity would be better.

Also, your response is pretty much confirmation without explicitly saying yes or no. If Sergey was not involved, a simple post saying so would be more than sufficient. A detailed response is not required unless you're trying to do damage control with Sergey's involvement.

EDIT: And of course there has been a whole bunch of posts being deleted. Almost 3 pages worth. That's just shady.

Guys,

We're also going to delete some of the responses here, to keep this topic on point and not get drowned in speculations.

We hope you understand.

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But please do not trust anything you read on reddit  

Might want to be quick on that because that's not a great sign. Especially considering the history of Free Reign and their engine.

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Guys,

We're also going to delete some of the responses here, to keep this topic on point and not getting drowned in speculations.

We hope you understand.

Didn't I say that I was expecting someone to swoop in and start deleting stuff? Quick! Censor the community!

Edit: Oh, I notice that very carefully, only the posts saying that they will still buy the game remain. Interesting...

5 hours ago, Ia91 said:

I find this very difficult to believe. The engine is notorious for being an absolutely buggy, un-optimised, hacker friendly mess that no credible developer should want to use. This excuse may have been believable 5 years ago, but nowadays you have engines that can support the features the game require and have viable licensing options. Unreal engine for example. Hell, even unity would be better.

Also, your response is pretty much confirmation without explicitly saying yes or no. If Sergey was not involved, a simple post saying so would be more than sufficient. A detailed response is not required unless you're trying to do damage control with Sergey's involvement.

1. MMO Engine is more than just a fancy rendering machine. It's about databases, backend scripts, etc. We've evaluated Unreal and it turned out we will need to spend over a year adding those features in that engine, while Free Reign offered it out of the box.

2. And response NO, Sergey Titov is not involved in the development of this game, but yes we use a game engine developed and supported by one of his companies. And this is why we believe that  a more detailed response will be needed in order to provide full transparency.