Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vikaernes

Definitive statement from 612, Titov NOT funding WWO

43 posts in this topic

Here is the statement provided to MassivelyOP, hopefully this puts the matter to rest. EDIT: I'm a few minutes late with this! But it's maybe good to have the screencapped proof of statement.

titov_2.jpg

Thank you! This is good news to hear

Read the statement again. It simply says 612 games is not a subsidiary of Free Reign games, nor is WWO financed by them or Sergey. This does not deny his involvement in any capacity other than he is not funding it.

12 hours ago, Ia91 said:

Read the statement again. It simply says 612 games is not a subsidiary of Free Reign games, nor is WWO financed by them or Sergey. This does not deny his involvement in any capacity other than he is not funding it.

They've also stated previously that he's not involved in the design of the game in any way. I'm unsure exactly what it is you need. He's not designing it, he's not funding it... I mean, that should be more than enough. What else would make the statement enough? "We don't even know who this guy is." Or maybe "We will be renaming the game 'Wild West not Sergey Titov Online."

6 hours ago, Vikaernes said:

Or maybe "We will be renaming the game 'Wild West not Sergey Titov Online."

lmfao =)

On 5/26/2017 at 4:52 PM, Vikaernes said:

They've also stated previously that he's not involved in the design of the game in any way. I'm unsure exactly what it is you need. He's not designing it, he's not funding it... I mean, that should be more than enough. What else would make the statement enough? "We don't even know who this guy is." Or maybe "We will be renaming the game 'Wild West not Sergey Titov Online."

Perhaps an actual confirmation statement like they originally said? The comment was made in a thread that is now closed and buried, nothing official about it. If Sergey is involved, they could deny that comment was ever an actual statement by saying something like 'Oh, that was made by a new community manager who didn't know at the time'. Think about it man, if Sergey *is* involved, this is exactly the shady tactic that would be taken. They said they would release an official statement, but all they did was glaze over the engine with said statement, no mention of Sergey and did NOT answer any concerning questions.

So yeah, if they wanna change their title to 'Wild West not Sergey Titov Online' to make an official statement, by all means.

50 minutes ago, Ia91 said:

Perhaps an actual confirmation statement like they originally said? The comment was made in a thread that is now closed and buried, nothing official about it. If Sergey is involved, they could deny that comment was ever an actual statement by saying something like 'Oh, that was made by a new community manager who didn't know at the time'. Think about it man, if Sergey *is* involved, this is exactly the shady tactic that would be taken. They said they would release an official statement, but all they did was glaze over the engine with said statement, no mention of Sergey and did NOT answer any concerning questions.

So yeah, if they wanna change their title to 'Wild West not Sergey Titov Online' to make an official statement, by all means.

If this game WAS being influenced by Titov we would be bombarded with early access purchases at the moment.  It's playbook 101 for that guy...  I can even tell you the prices of the packages available: 29.99, 49.99, and 99.99.

According to an article I read (will see if I can find it after posting) 612 is no longer going to host a kickstarter either.  They plan on simply releasing the game when it's ready.  That doesn't reek of Titov IMHO

I do agree though, he is a snake and would do anything to make a quick buck.  I just don't think that's the case here, but of course... always err on the side of caution.

Edit:

Here we are:

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-receives-funding-will-sidestep-kickstarter-and-include-female-characters-from-outset/

FYI:
The only similarity I see between the style of Titov and 612 is that their hostname is playwwo.com much like playshatteredskies.com but this is not uncommon among other titles as well.

11 minutes ago, Hades said:

If this game WAS being influenced by Titov we would be bombarded with early access purchases at the moment.  It's playbook 101 for that guy...  I can even tell you the prices of the packages available: 29.99, 49.99, and 99.99.

According to an article I read (will see if I can find it after posting) 612 is no longer going to host a kickstarter either.  They plan on simply releasing the game when it's ready.  That doesn't reek of Titov IMHO

I do agree though, he is a snake and would do anything to make a quick buck.  I just don't think that's the case here, but of course... always err on the side of caution.

Edit:

Here we are:

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-receives-funding-will-sidestep-kickstarter-and-include-female-characters-from-outset/

FYI:
The only similarity I see between the style of Titov and 612 is that their hostname is playwwo.com much like playshatteredskies.com but this is not uncommon among other titles as well.

The kickstarter argument is non-valid to me for a myriad of reasons. Firstly, they clearly don't have enough to show right now to inspire confidence from a backer because the screenshots are clearly doctored on the website. There's no system for using weapons on horse back as stated by the Q&A, however theres a screenshot of someone with a gun on horseback. Same goes for day&night cycle and carriages.

Secondly, just because there is no early access doesn't mean the game is being released in full. Hell, a lot of expected features such a wild-life, carriages, housing, etc. are coming after the launch. It's early access without calling it early access, which is exactly the same as every other Titov project. WarZ had a beta prior to launch, which people seemed to enjoy. It functioned enough to inspire confidence (testing for a few days), but when full game released there was nothing new and then a lot of the problems such as hacking, promised features missing, etc.

So far, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference here, and them not doing a kickstarter or 'Early Access' really isn't enough evidence here. I now you don't see a lot of similarities between a Titov game and WWO, but I strongly disagree for the moment.

5 minutes ago, Ia91 said:

The kickstarter argument is non-valid to me for a myriad of reasons. Firstly, they clearly don't have enough to show right now to inspire confidence from a backer because the screenshots are clearly doctored on the website. There's no system for using weapons on horse back as stated by the Q&A, however theres a screenshot of someone with a gun on horseback. Same goes for day&night cycle and carriages.

Secondly, just because there is no early access doesn't mean the game is being released in full. Hell, a lot of expected features such a wild-life, carriages, housing, etc. are coming after the launch. It's early access without calling it early access, which is exactly the same as every other Titov project. WarZ had a beta prior to launch, which people seemed to enjoy. It functioned enough to inspire confidence (testing for a few days), but when full game released there was nothing new and then a lot of the problems such as hacking, promised features missing, etc.

So far, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference here, and them not doing a kickstarter or 'Early Access' really isn't enough evidence here. I now you don't see a lot of similarities between a Titov game and WWO, but I strongly disagree for the moment.

Yeah, I did some further research into the developers and their background... isn't looking good.  

I thought the website layout looked too familiar

Will definitely be cautious here.

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Yeah, I did some further research into the developers and their background... isn't looking good.  

I thought the website layout looked too familiar

Will definitely be cautious here.

Here is something interesting. Infestation (previously War Z) was published by "OP Productions", yet another publisher that apparently lacked a functional website (never seen that before).

The first result you get in Google when searching "OP Productions"? This Steam discussion of someone doing detective work to see if Hammerpoint (War Z) is actually OP Productions:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247730/discussions/0/666824800607882539/

It's a pretty compelling trail of how Sergey/HammerPoint/OP goes through LLCs like mouthwash, with none of those companies being around anymore. So what's the connection? A lawyer named "Steven Bercu" did all of Sergey's previous Trademark work, as you can see here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/correspondent-steven-bercu-1-1104262

He literally has only trademarked Sergey's stuff. So, who's doing Wild West Online's trademark work? A certain person named "Steven A Bercu", who happens to work at the same Lime LLC! Now, there very well could be two Steven Bercu's working at this law firm, but a simple google search shows only TWO people working at this place, a "Valerie Walls", and Steven.

http://limelaw.com/team.html

He clearly filed under a different name so you wouldn't find the connection to Sergey's previous games, otherwise, why would you distance yourself from a pretty experienced resume?

http://www.trademarkia.com/correspondent-steven-a-bercu-1-1180520

How exactly does an upstart studio, who aren't familiar with Sergey Titov, have the same lawyer that did all of Sergey's previous work?