• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Frontier Admin

New Frontier - POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE!

yes, all your unllocked items and money are safe.

1 hour ago, milanfereos said:

we are level 1???

No, I am level 42 now. What kind of suggestion do you mean?

It wold be nice, if the devs enlarge the loot table of the camp chests (eg. the chance of blueprints, bags, cosmetics, resources aso).

16 minutes ago, Marox said:

It wold be nice, if the devs enlarge the loot table of the camp chests (eg. the chance of blueprints, bags, cosmetics, resources aso).

There will be a change for the blueprints coming soon.

• Like 1

FACTIONS

Neutral, Outlaw and Law

There will always be players who dont have friends to play with, and 5 player teams will force players away from playing.

Servers become unbalanced and most players always shoot first on site. 

" Next Day Survival " Does a good job with factions. 

few tutorial missions as neutral, then players choose factions and about 20+ missions for each faction.

each faction has home base town for economy. Factions mission to attack those towns. Can join faction members on other missions or do it alone. 

Doing faction mission you get faction points. If you kill your own faction member, you are penalized and both factions are your enemy for 2 game hours.

If you die, time resets. cant go to towns for support, cuz Faction Ai will attack you. Can switch factions with additional missions for story line.

Factions give you guys ability to Add Faction Ai to even out missions and servers. Small missions that players can do by alone are fun, but missions 

that need lots of players to help win, are more fun. Servers with low pop are saved from being boring and easy with faction Ai based on players qty.

This monsters in the game are stupid. Does not take long to figure out you can ride around in circles and shoot back. Bears, wolfs, mountain lions make sense. Spiders, um yeah ok. 

Factions Ai that shoot back adds challenge. Indians can massacre towns, to stay with current game towns that are designed.  Players will say hi first with factions in place vs

boring shoot then ask questions. Some missions like the current parachute drop can have faction rules paused to have kill on site missions. 

" Next Day Survival " is on steam. try it. a lot of good ideas.

each faction can have faction town on the edge of the maps.  in the middle of the map you fight factions with missions to gain control of farms, oil, resources and etc. faction owning resources gives advantages. No patrol / obstacle getting there / ability to take trains / stagecoach to near location and etc. so many possibilities, but more importantly if player qty lacks on a server you can balance out the map and add challenge vs having team of 5 dominant servers from lack of player teams being able to stop them.

• Upvote 1

Gold is extremely too easy to get. Ive been playing casually for a few days and already had several thousand and if i was more patient i could have gotten more. That being said, im sure as easy as it is someone out there has several hundred thousand. 

Instead of introducing more feature, it would be best if you focused on improving the existing ones, having too much of low quality stuff will just ruin the game

Totally agree with MrDeadNote. If you could have a proper functional game with good core mechanics that would already be great.

Having a 2019 game with a lot of ambition where it fails in every aspect reminds me of DayZ pre-alpha, out in 2013.

Bugs:

Animals/Monsters are able to damage players in Safe Zones. *results in people being killed as they spawn in server*

Crafting Stations no longer work to the public. Only the person who owns the property is able to use them (all except cooking pot)

Gambling table is not working, I assume its due to the same bug as the stations above.

Suggestion: Lower amount of money dropped on death. Each death costs me $100. It might be because I got lot's of cash though because everyone else seems to drop $2-4.

Would also like to see more cosmetic's and methods of gaining exp.

9 hours ago, NSA said:

Bugs:

Animals/Monsters are able to damage players in Safe Zones. *results in people being killed as they spawn in server*

Crafting Stations no longer work to the public. Only the person who owns the property is able to use them (all except cooking pot)

Gambling table is not working, I assume its due to the same bug as the stations above.

Suggestion: Lower amount of money dropped on death. Each death costs me $100. It might be because I got lot's of cash though because everyone else seems to drop $2-4.

Would also like to see more cosmetic's and methods of gaining exp.

Animals/Monsters should make damage in the safe zone around Vainbanks. In other safe zones (stations or cabins) i never saw a monster close to me. Maybe i was just lucky.

Crafting Stations are still working to the public (maybe they should not - maybe its a bug). Just get close, hit ESC and use the crafting menue. It works well. (Tbh i would like to see that the crafting stations olny works for his owner.)

Gambling never worked since the re-launch. Maybe one day in the future.

The amount of money-drop depends on your wealth, thats right. I never lost  more than 100 (tbh. 100 $ is nothing). It can be looted from your tombstone. Your pain is your opponents gain. A death should hurt a little bit  :-)

Please get rid of the damn monsters, I for one am stopping playing until they are replaced with alternatives that sit better in the game, I know I am just one person and I won't make any difference one bit, however, it's stupid, in every sense of the word, if the Devs think keeping them in is the right thing to do, then I suggest you look at your data, folk are not playing, the servers are dead, listen to the folk that want to play it, hell look at other games in the genre and get some ideas, if you're not listening, don't care then this game is going to go the same way as it's predecessor, oh yes I was there at the start, it went belly up, was taken over by you, and is still in a shocking state, I can see that you're bug fixing, lovely, relaunch the game with the right feel to it, the right animals in it, otherwise, I'm telling you, it will go to its grave quicker than you can say Tombstone!

1) Remove the ability to see the crafting stations inside of from any distance. There is no point in exploring to find a place to hide your cabin when anyone can see your crafting stations on the map from .5 km this goes for the weather stations as well.

2) There used to be way too many deer now there is not enough. please bump it a little.

3) I like the Sasquatch monster, the lizard guy not so much. How about putting in more variety without having monsters everywhere/every 50 meters. Maybe some cougars, wolves, crazed trapper guy, etc...

4) The shotgun range is too short and the pistols rages are too long. Maybe fix the shotgun by adding craft-able 00-buck ammo.

So far, I like the game! Nice work

After further playtime here are some more suggestions:

1. Base foundations should not be able to be destroyed. I'm ok with doors, windows, walls etc....being able to be destroyed within reason and with varying strengths! Example: A wooden door is worth say 100 hit points
to be destroyed. A Stone door is worth say 400 hit points to be destroyed. A Metal door is worth say 700 hit points to be destroyed. (this would be the same with any type of building material except Foundations which should not be able to be destroyed in my opinion)
Pure and Simple....if someone is going to be a douchebag and try to destroy / loot my base....it should be very difficult for them to do so. Adding to my previous suggestion for a notification system if our bases are being attacked by someone so we can log in and deal with it before all our shit is looted.

2. Why can't we craft a steel door / lock that cannot be lock picked by anyone? I have over 100 hours of playtime and have yet to see a blueprint for strong door yet.....

3. Buying an XP boost from the store is pointless since your ingame coding basically LIMITS the amount of gold/steel/wood etc...is mined when a boost is active. For example I mine Gold and with boost active I netted 600 materials But when I didn't have a boost active that same mining time would of netted me 1500 materials. Who the hell is buy xp boosts if your basically negating the extra amount of xp/materials gained by having a boost active? I sure as hell am not going to be buying them and would love the amount added back to my bank notes!

4. Why can't we see ingame who is on the server playing with us?

5. You should add the server time in the main screen of the game with a countdown timer or something to let players know when the vendors will open back up.

6. Still no working vendor loyalty? Why not open the weapons with a higher price tag until you figure that feature out? And add a list of features that DON"T WORK YET so we don't waste recipe points and xp points for shit that doesn't work yet?

7. I still never received my small land deed that was glitched out of my inventory. Check my account and you'll see that I had to spend real money to get a large land deed because you wouldn't answer my request / report of the bug.

8. Clan / Team creation would be a great addition so we don't have to keep creating these groups every time we want to play with our friends / clan mates. A searchable listing with info about our teams : webpage, discord, steam, clan logos, application forms, editable team roles/positions/permissions just to name a few

9. Ingame trading system that we can easily use between players to trade goods/materials etc....

10. Mod tools for builders / coders that we can create mods or pre-fab buildings via an ingame marketplace of some sort?

11. The ability to add / invite anyone on server to a group/party without having to be in the same "vicinity".

12. Add sound to the ninja bears/monsters that they are nearby and I'm about to get the shit kicked outta me.....too many times I may be in the menu or whatever and get a ninja bear mauling because I can't hear shit besides my lifeless body hitting the ground because a I couldn't hear it coming.

13. Destroying a building material when editing my base should give me ALL THE MATERIALS back ! The only time we should lose any amount of materials invested should be when they are attacked by non friendly players.

14. Static meshes/Bsp rocks surrounding mountain tops/peaks are still horribly coded for collision. Not sure what engine your using or if it's an inhouse engine but you really need to rework the rocks/boulders all around the map in regards to movement or traversing them on horseback. Getting stuck every 2 feet is getting old fast. The rivers should all be crossable except the ones bordering the outer limits of the map itself. Having to literally find a 3foot by 3foot path across some rivers to the other side is very annoying and tedious....especially if we are evading monsters or enemy players.

These are just some more ideas/issues I've had personally and probably aren't shared by everyone. But suggestions nonetheless...hope it helps?

• Upvote 2

Devs,

If you check my account, you'll see that I spent real money. I like playing these types of games, and it is worth it to me to spend coin sometimes.

HOWEVER, I bought 3 sets of Bounty Hunter clothing skin bags. I understand that the idea of "random" is exactly that, but is there a special ratio of clothing items that are eligible? I know that I now have 5 pairs of Bounty Hunter Pants, 7 pairs of Bounty Hunter Boot, 4 sets of Bounty Hunter Holsters, and 4 Bounty Hunter Hats. That doesn't seem too random.

Additionally, I purchased a large land deed, but it is not in my bank. Please advise on this?

1) Nuke, remove, spindle, mutilate, delete, give virus to the aim bot users. This is number one priority! >:(

2) Give us the other third of the map, world is too small. (its like living in a tiny east coast postage stamp of a state)

3) Read somewhere that players only become visible/rendered at 250 meters but some rifles have far greater ranges?!? (Maybe the 250 is old info)

4) Ballistics on the shotguns are way off. (weak)

5) Group of players that ride together should be louder than a single rider. (Four together should be louder than two together, etc...)

6) More missions so that they are less repetitive.

7) Make the humanoid monster look more like Bigfoot.

8) Zombies... You were going with a Wild West theme?? (Zombies as it's own game cool, but it  ruins the look and feel like the Rust style skyscraper houses do in the main game)

9) Fix the houses so that the chests don't float in mid air if the walls and floors are destroyed. (chest should drop to the ground and possibly some loot get destroyed in this type of base attack)

10) Something like a broken down wagon that randomly appears now and then in unpopulated areas with some loot to encourage exploration. (no mark on the map for it)