Joseph Young

Welcome to Driftwood - An RP Gaming System

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Malakai said:

Gestured for Ellie to sit as she came in pouring himself a cup of coffee before retaking his seat. "Appologize for the wait Miss Haskins, what is it I can do for you today?"

"Thank you, "she sits,"Yesterday, Mr Logan and his family were kind enough to take me out to the orchard. I completely enjoyed myself. It really did feel like I was home. I would have liked to stay longer, however, realized that they needed to return with the girls. 

After getting back to my loft, I did some thinking. I would like to start spending time at home at the orchard. In order for this to happen, I need to accomplish a few tasks first. 

I need to find someone who can rebuild the barn. Mr Logan was kind enough to clean up the remnants of the one that was burnt so the location is ready for building. I also have pictures that Robert sent of the barn when he finished it. I would like to have the new one built in the same likeness. 

Once the barn is built, I will be needing to purchase a horse and see if Mr Jack can help me order a shay. I don't think I can handle a full wagon, but figured a shay would do me fine. The horse I purchase would have to be trained to handle both the shay and riding. 

Do you have any suggestions? I think morgans are beautiful creatures, but that's about all I know of them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quirked a brow at Logan leaving but said nothing not her circus not her monkey.

"She caught the boy running around town Stealing things from places, She tackled him wrestled and knocked him unconscious."  Sips her water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torin got back to the hotel and was getting ready for dinner rush, reflecting on his day spent with Caity. He was relatively happy and almost walked into Niamh coming out of the hotel office, she was smiling and not in a foul mood. He wondered if he needed to go the bank and check on the Brit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Aspen dealt with the boy he had a burn on his hand that needed looking after, which is why Isabella tackled him in the first place so he could get the help he needed."  she sipped her water.

"Eva seems to be adjusting well. Isabella said they had fun at Ellie's ranch yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malakai    20

Offered a nod lighting his pipe "For the barn, you'll likely want Torin Whelan. Works out of my shop during the day, building up a carpentry business though. As far as the horse goes the Morgans are all well trained and can accomidate your needs. Have to ask though whether you're planning the trip daily. It's a bit of a ride during the week, road is safe for the most part, but you'd be traveling several hours a day."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No, my hope is to be able to travel home for weekends, and during harvest season when the scholars are required at their farms, I could be home to oversee the harvest of the orchard.  During the week I shall remain at the school, as I understand the dangers of a woman making the trip daily alone.

I would ask though, I will also need to hire at least a couple of men to stay at the orchard. Someone will need to tend to the trees, and I would feel better knowing that someone was there watching over my home. Since our last trip there, someone had broken into my home, ate every bit of the food stored in the kitchen and soiled one of the beds. I need to know when I am here serving the town as it's teacher, that my home will remain protected and my food stores won't be pilfered. I felt embarrassed to arrive at my home finding that I had no way to feed Mr Logan and his family for their kindness. Not to mention having to now replenish the stores. 

But, of course, I do not know how to find such men, nor who I can trust to this. I do know that I trust you and Mr Logan. I would appreciate your council in the matter."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malakai    20

"Well as to your thief I'd suggest taking a look in the cell just over there. Runaway by my guess, apparently Harrington's youngest beat him unconscious. The girl has brass if not good sense, likely be discussing that with her here soon." puffing on his pipe he thought for a moment "As far as hands go I figure the boy there owes to labor for services until the proper men can be hired, been thinking on a way to help the boy. Job may be a fine first step. In the meantime we can post an add for laborers while you're in town during the week."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logan sat for a bit sipping his whiskey. He knew Winter was trying to bring everyone together and make peace, but he didn't know how to help. He was hoping it would be so awkward but it felt worse than he thought it would. Was it as hard for Madgalena as it was for him? She had gotten so hard over the years, he just didn't know how to even talk to her now. How do you start over to be a friend with someone you once loved and was intimate with? He had tried his best to apologize but though she said there was nothing to forgive she seemed to put up a wall. He knew she didn't see herself they way he did. though the love as a couple was gone he still cared for her and after finding out about her saving Mal's kids and having raised Isabella so well he had a new respect for her.

He finished his drink but still didn't know what to do. She had to hate him deep down. He was tired of regretting he didn't know how to let it go, nor how to move on but it had to be done. She was family, through Isabella and he had to make this work. He sighed and put his glass back making his way back to the house.

He walked back in and saw the ladies turn to look at him.

"Horses were alright."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now