Joseph Young

Welcome to Driftwood - An RP Gaming System

Winter served dinner and shifted in her seat a bit. If she was uncomfortable it really didn't show, she ate without saying much and the girls chatted amongst themselves. 

She was keeping alert for any signs of impending danger though.  Her mind wandered for a moment as she came to realize how naive about the whole war she was.  

Aspen Cain    2

Aspen smiled at Lottie and then sighed. " I did some thinking about that deputy and his map, if it leads to something, we could finance your whole project. If it doesn't...well then i would have a nice short trip south. "

"Well my love, Luckily Dawson and Naimh came back today, and their trip went successful, and my project can get underway as soon as the crews get here." Her eyes narrow with concern "How far south are you talking?"

Aspen Cain    2

"Probably not all the down to Escondido, but I might be able to pick us something nice and shiny. So Niamh and Dawson both returned from their trip in one piece? Gonna be a lot of rumors for that one."  She leans her elbows on the desk.

Jack Lincoln    22

Jack came to look at the riddle. 

It was very intriguing.  "These symbols are indian" he commented.  "I am immediately uncertain what it means."  Jack thought about it for a moment (96)

He pointed at the symbols in order "Happiness, crossroads, Summer, Thunderbird, and Hand" he said.  "When the Happiness reaches the crossroads, and the very sand becomes fire summer upon oneself from happiness of the shaman or protection??" he intoned, substituting the known meanings.  I don't know what its supposed to mean.   Though I do feel that once you find where the crossroads are, at the right time, you'll understand.  Sir."  

The riddle was very interesting.  "Is there more that I have not seen? Sir??" 

9 hours ago, James Branham said:

Jimmy spent the day in the cell.  He had a full belly, and a place to sleep.   He wasnt to concerned yet.   Every time someone gestured at him or looked his way, he stuck out his tongue.  Especially if they wore a badge.  

The conversation with "Mrs Haskins" was particularly disturbing.  He did not owe anyone anything.   

He sat there resolutely with his arms crossed glaring at anyone who dared to pay attention.

"Look, whether Sheriff Mal here wants to consider this paying a debt or something else, I don't care. What I see is an opportunity for us to benefit each other. You need food and a place to stay. From what I have heard around town, that's all you have been trying to get for yourself.  I need to have someone who can stay out at my orchard and make sure no one causes any harm while I have to stay in town. I'm not demanding that you pay a debt. I'm offering you a job with room and board. The Apache tribe to the south checks in on the orchard and they will randomly be in and about, but I would feel better knowing that my home is being watched. I will make sure there's food to prepare. You seem pretty capable where that's concerned. There's a river that runs through the property, you can go swimming and fish if desired.

If you agree to this arrangement, I will have Monique make you some clothes that fit you correctly. Then we can discuss appropriate payment as a hIred hand.

I understand that you have your reasons for being here as most of us here in Driftwood do. I'm not interested in prying, but I am interested in finding a way for us to help each other. What do you say?"

Jimmy glared at "Mrs Haskins".  He thought it over.  

In order to show her who's REALLY boss, he started by sticking his tongue out at her.

That being done, he got off the bed, sauntered to the edge of his cage.  "Mrs Haskins, you want me to be at your house, and take care of it?"

Malakai    20

Continued smoking the pipe. "Pretty simple kid, either it's a job, a good roof and food, or I wire the orphan house. Hell if you ask the lady nicely she might even school you some over the weekends being as she's a teacher. Not to mention all the apples you can eat."

Jimmy glared at the lawman "Oh shut up!!" he said to him.  "You aint part of this deal.  If you're not part of the business, then keep your trap out of it."

Then he focused on Mrs Haskins.  "Im going to be the boss?"