specie8470

Subscription based?

xoharbinger    57

I wonder if there will be an additional subscription however. Kind of like ESO, SWTOR, etc... I also wonder what comes with it. At the moment i am playing Albion and I hope the sub (if they do one) isn't like that. I almost feel like I will have to buy sub time to even be on level playing field. I think that is why they give out sub time when you buy the game to make you feel that way. The sub is almost P2W if you ask me

RickGrimes23    25

Subscription based MMO's don't really work anymore, sure WoW has it still going but that's been out for years, I feel like those type of games don't match their required player base, Pay to own is the best option. 

Wow makes sure that their clients receive content fitting the subscription though. Elder scrolls does something similar but doesnt charge for the DLC like WOW does. However Blizzard pumps out oodles of content that other providers who try to operate subscription based models simply cannot keep up with. I think I read somewhere that Rockstar went the opposite way (oodles of free content, no sub) with GTA online because they knew people had forked out for a single player game that had an "online" add on (GTA Online was still in its infancy back then as GTA IVs online quotient was poor at best). 

For a studio of this size I think that the pay to own pricing model probably works best as there will be a steady flow of revenue from the cash shop and lump sums being bought on purchase of the CD key. In this scenario they arent actually responsible for pushing out metric tonnes of content each month to keep people playing but can rely on their community to invest over and above the baseline game for little things that we like, such as customisation. A good few people here will very likely open their wallets MORE for the cash shop customisation they want than they might have done if forced into buying a subscription just to gain access. In this way both the buyer (us the customers) and the seller will reap the rewards as we can control how much we spend individually whereas they get additional profit without the pressure of having to deliver additional content until it is ready. They already said DLC will be free post-launch. This says to me theyre confident in their product and its ability to attract a decent client base and their overheads are low enough that they will sell more units with every DLC and reap their profits off new unit sales. 

51 minutes ago, RickGrimes23 said:

Pay to own only. 

Only micro transactions are cosmetics which have give 0 stats. 

Dont start throwing out statements you have no clue about....They never said that. The fact that this game is going to be Buy 2 play means its going to be HEAVILY Micro-transactioned and dont be surprised if Sergey puts in guns for micro-transaction and yall gonna start crying. Be for warned...

RickGrimes23    25
1 minute ago, Doc.Holliday said:

Dont start throwing out statements you have no clue about....They never said that. The fact that this game is going to be Buy 2 play means its going to be HEAVILY Micro-transactioned and dont be surprised if Sergey puts in guns for micro-transaction and yall gonna start crying. Be for warned...

Lol, they stated it in their Q&A, you seem to be another hater, instead of assuming stuff you should wait until Alpha/Beta. 

2 minutes ago, RickGrimes23 said:

Lol, they stated it in their Q&A, you seem to be another hater, instead of assuming stuff you should wait until Alpha/Beta. 

Hater? no .. I bought the Pioneer package to (test things out) and give them the benefit of the doubt that Sergey Titov has not touched this game. I can tell you that i am not nearly as Naive as some of you and I've been around the block with how game development work's and you guys are really getting your hopes up so dont get too excited cause this game really seems to be rushed already and its not even in alpha yet. Do not say i did not warn ya.

RickGrimes23    25
3 minutes ago, Doc.Holliday said:

Hater? no .. I bought the Pioneer package to (test things out) and give them the benefit of the doubt that Sergey Titov has not touched this game. I can tell you that i am not nearly as Naive as some of you and I've been around the block with how game development work's and you guys are really getting your hopes up so dont get too excited cause this game really seems to be rushed already and its not even in alpha yet. Do not say i did not warn ya.

Then why have you bought the Pioneer pack lol? Why buy something that sounds like you have no hype for? if people want to have their hopes up then let them be, there's been a bunch of people coming on here to throw around Sergey Titov is behind this game. I've had second thoughts but stuck to the game, I'm not expecting the game to be the best game EVER, as long as the game is fun and fills my needs i got my moneys worth. 

• Upvote 1