• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Frontier Admin

POLL - Should bases be descructible

Should base "walls" be descructible ?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Should base "walls" be descructible ?

• NO !
    • Yes, it needs to be descructible all the way !
    • Allow descruction, but after some time they need "repair" themselves to lower grieving

As you guys have noticed right now you can't destroy walls on other people bases. Only doors and windows. 

So as result most players do smart thing- they just remove doorways and put walls instead, "sealing" base :). Smart exploit. 

But it kills need for any smart tactics, kills raiding bases gameplay, etc. Yet it saves players from grievers. 

So what we should do - keep things as is, allow for full destruction, OR we should allow players to destroy wall segments, YET automatically "repair" them after some time ( like 10-15 minutes ? ). 

Lets discuss - this is YOUR game, we're here merely to make it fun for you. 

it would be good, but how are you going to defend your base? as soon as you logoff they go in and take all your items, unless u get defense turrets or anything

maybe disallow bases that have no door by disallowing the last spot to be taken by a closed wall?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Destruction of walls should be allowed to make base raiding more of a possibility, but the auto repair mechanic would be great to prevent griefing. The only issue is that with allowing the destruction of walls, offline raiding would be a lot easier as well. What I think be a good mechanic to allow for balanced raiding is after every group member is offline for a certain amount of time, their structure cannot be raided. If their structure was taking damage as they logged off (combat logging), the rule is overridden, to prevent combat logging and base invulnerability with that. The most common complaints I've seen about base raiding in general are the people whose entire base was ransacked after they went to sleep for the night, or similar situations. There are people who don't care about offline raiding, so you could potentially make it a toggleable mechanic. Perhaps turned on by default, and can be turned off by server owners, or have the official servers come in variant rule sets that either allow and don't allow offline raiding. These are just my thoughts though, which I would personally love if these thoughts were implemented, but another official poll asking the community about this would be great.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Me thinks this will allow WAY too much griefing.

Goobers with nothing else to do just attacking any base they find.

I know I dont want to spend all my time gathering resources to rebuild just to log off for the night and come back the next day to have to do it all over again.

Perhaps the way to help balance this would be to make it cost BOO KOO resources to take down just ONE wall.

I dunno.

• Upvote 1

This is a very interesting problem because I feel it adds to something the game is really missing right now. If you look at most open world sandbox games there is a mechanic to raid houses etc. with no Anti-griefing mechanic. The problem becomes is with this game as it currently stands getting resources isn't necessarily hard considering you can just swap servers and loot air drops/safes ( which is a whole other problem in itself ). I personally think you should add some sort of grace period being where your base cannot be raided while your currently constructing it ( Days to a week, depends on how you see it ) and then you should be able to completely destroy it with no anti-griefing mechanic. HOWEVER it should take a considerable amount of resources to destroy a house built with metal i.e explosive rounds, dynamite etc. 

Like I said I personally feel you should be able to destroy bases completely. Just my opinion

• Upvote 2

Walls could cost 10x more explosives to be knocked over compared to the same type of material door.
For example:
Wooden door 2 explosives, wooden wall 20 explosives, wooden foundation 50 explosives.

3 types of explosives, each for one type of building material.
Against wood, incendiary explosives.
Against rock, explosive impact.
Against metal, explosive piercing.
Wood construction receives bonus damage against incendiary, stone and metal immunity incendiary explosives or 90% damage reduction.
You can use explosive piercing against wood, but the cost of resources would be too high to spend on wood.
Option to reinforce construction by spending more material. Wall of wood T1 5 wood, T2 10 additional wood, T3 25 wood.
So forcing to break the doors. By lowering players they just want to completely destroy the foundations of others.
Recover 90% of the material spent on construction with a limit of 5 minutes after built. After the timeout, it does not recover the resources spent.
It does not have to be these values, but the mechanics are very interesting and add new possibilities to the construction.

I think they are great methods to avoid being completely destroyed and at the same time making raid challengers against other players.
My English is very bad, I had help from google
 translate, normal to have some typos.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

As you guys have noticed right now you can't destroy walls on other people bases. Only doors and windows. 

So as result most players do smart thing- they just remove doorways and put walls instead, "sealing" base :). Smart exploit. 

But it kills need for any smart tactics, kills raiding bases gameplay, etc. Yet it saves players from grievers. 

So what we should do - keep things as is, allow for full destruction, OR we should allow players to destroy wall segments, YET automatically "repair" them after some time ( like 10-15 minutes ? ). 

Lets discuss - this is YOU game, we're here merely to make it fun for you. 

the 2nd 2 options in the poll mean "YES" so they first answer has lower votes. you have to combine 2nd and 3rd options answer as "YES" there is post office for keeping valuable stuff, people who save things at base need to protect them so without raiding the game has no meaning.

Just make this exploit (remove doorway and build wall) punitive ?

As I said in my "Suggestion" it's way to easy to have materials. At the moment every do it because everyone have thousands of build. And you get it back after you remove the wall.

The best way to solve this problem is to code some lines to make impossible to build a house with no entrance.

P.S : in my opinion other player claim should be catchable.

No. 

My opinion : Guild War BASE with reward EXP or similar..

Bases be descructible is not the solution or funny.

I really enjoy building my base, if anyone can break it it's sad.
It would improve it to reiterate assaults and events that still do not destroy bases or allow people to steal your hard work.

I love inventiveness in building, interaction, changing the world and forming alliances. Events and guilds.

Playing the asshole to steal is not my game genre.

• Upvote 2

My opinion/suggestion is to stop players from destroying their wall, floor, or anything else once the section is place and they leave the building stage. If they go back into the building stage, they will be able to add sections, but not remove anything that was already added unless they destroy the whole structure. So if they do not build themselves a door and leave the building phase, they will lock themselves out of their homes and will have to destroy the structure (recovering their materials) and begin again. 

the big issue is not that we are exploiting the walls for doors its the fact the doors and windows required high tire bag tire meatls that we cant make our selfs, at least thats why i am using walls for doors.  i would also say that everything should be destructible after protection runs out, Also may i suggest that the flag that goes down be in the border of the Deed not on the outside of the deed... stops real hard core greefing 

Hello all,

If it was easier to place doors/create locks (i.e. no luck finding Titanium alloys, pig iron, Black oxide Steel, ) I would do that...Could some chests be non-destructible...or do you want players to have to travel to the post office?

I don't mind rebuilding (I really like the idea of destruction), but I can't play all the time.  I would never risk leaving anything, "valuable", in the base if it could be taken.  It could become a feature unused if this ,base-cache, was easily looted.

I like the grace period of 14 days, I did try to resupply (did not work last night...will try again).  You could try playing with that...reward the active players.  Then, once out of "grace", destruction possible.  Can't wait to see what you guys come up with to destroy things.  Gatling? Cannon? Dynamite!

Also... Roulette! Oh Please!....Thanks for all the great work.

That is my $0.02.

59 minutes ago, JimmyTheDeath said:

the big issue is not that we are exploiting the walls for doors its the fact the doors and windows required high tire bag tire meatls that we cant make our selfs, at least thats why i am using walls for doors.  i would also say that everything should be destructible after protection runs out, Also may i suggest that the flag that goes down be in the border of the Deed not on the outside of the deed... stops real hard core greefing 

25 minutes ago, Ancient said:

If it was easier to place doors/create locks (i.e. no luck finding Titanium alloys, pig iron, Black oxide Steel, ) I would do that...Could some chests be non-destructible...or do you want players to have to travel to the post office?

The problem is not this. The problem is wall as door are safer than door as door. I got the material to craft door. But I prefer to build a wall to close my house or to remove the stair so no-one can come in than use a door that anyone with a lock pick can open.

They should be destructible, but how should we protect our stuff? Right now I say no, coz even with destructible doors I'm afraid to put anything inside my chests, there is nothing to prevent people from destroying everything they see 

Maybe when more people play this game add some kind of bounty for head of base raiders so deputies and bonty hunters can track down those thieves and retrieve our stuff for a good reward when we are not in game 

• Upvote 2

At this point if walls are indestructable would be easier to just build those instead for doors. Heck when you destroy it you get back all the resources. No loss at all.

yes, but with a widows for the time of the attack.

Attackable base from such time to such time (considering  the time zone)

And the player should be able to defend his base.

or so no destruction, but a plunder.

should be destructiblei think

but when someone attack your base you get a notificatoin and you can see them on the map like with top wanted 

they should become destructible when the owner doesn't put more money in the house flag, so if the owner leaves the game or changes the server for more days the house is destroyed.

I say make it so there is no offline raiding. If someone is online you can attack the base. Everything!!! Then send a message to the player like an event saying its under attack. 

There is no point to let a wall that cannot be destroyed is not realistic, you can do it like Rust that you need explosives ;)

What if "Group/Clan/Tribe-Bases were destructible, but individual bases were not?  Only certain things could be done at the larger Bases (Towns/settlements?), so that would encourage larger encounters...good and bad...maybe ugly too...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will quote myself again ^^'

But I think all claim should be own by clan. And  when another clan want to attack it. They have to pay dollars and JUST have 1 or 2 hours to attack. So all defender and attacker can log in.

(That's the system on NewWorld)