• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Frontier Admin

POLL - Should bases be descructible

Should base "walls" be descructible ?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Should base "walls" be descructible ?

• NO !
    • Yes, it needs to be descructible all the way !
    • Allow descruction, but after some time they need "repair" themselves to lower grieving

I have an idea that can be good, when someone steals in a house is marked on the map so that the rest of the player can go to see what is happening and perhaps also the assailant is marked during X time.

On 2019. 06. 11. at 1:05 AM, Partner said:

This is a very interesting problem because I feel it adds to something the game is really missing right now. If you look at most open world sandbox games there is a mechanic to raid houses etc. with no Anti-griefing mechanic. The problem becomes is with this game as it currently stands getting resources isn't necessarily hard considering you can just swap servers and loot air drops/safes ( which is a whole other problem in itself ). I personally think you should add some sort of grace period being where your base cannot be raided while your currently constructing it ( Days to a week, depends on how you see it ) and then you should be able to completely destroy it with no anti-griefing mechanic. HOWEVER it should take a considerable amount of resources to destroy a house built with metal i.e explosive rounds, dynamite etc. 

Like I said I personally feel you should be able to destroy bases completely. Just my opinion

I totally agree!

I personally think, that regarding to the three main role in the game (Settler, Explorer, Maverick), one should be able to make the decision that he/she will settle on a nice area, farming or mining resources without the worry of being raided anytime. I mean, sure, every base should be raidable, but maybe you could discover a way how the more safer the bases are, the more work or time it takes to break it down. And maybe, if someone raids an other player's base, Sheriffs should be warned some way, so they could stop the robbery and/or catch the bad guys.. :) Like in real life! It would be awesome.

PS: One thing you guys have to avoid: what they did with "Rust": one can collect lots of resources at no time, and build a base after 20 min gameplay, then someone comes and breaks it down, end of story. Start again. No.. I guess players will appreciate an approach for a (much) more longer term in this game. I mean, let it take time and "work" to collect the needed resources for building a house. or to own a land. But if you waste a lot of time to collect and manage your base, it shouldn't be token so easilly for others, who do nothing else, just rob and destroy.. you know what I mean? ... :)

Cheers!
/an ardent player

• Like 1

Everything should be destructible. There's practically almost no point to break into bases right now because people just store their most valuable items in the towns bank anyway..

I was all hyped and started building my base and realized there's no reason at all to store anything inside of it so why bother breaking into someones base with no goods inside? :|

Just make it harder to build bases. Needing more materials etc because they will just spam walls after a fix to the no doors exploit.

Or do exactly the opposite and make everything really easy. Including the raid items.

Also items need to be added that cant be banked for more of a reason to raid people.  

A lot of work to be done for base raiding in this game to be fun.     Raiding players while they are offline should always be a thing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brody said:

Everything should be destructible. There's practically almost no point to break into bases right now because people just store their most valuable items in the towns bank anyway..

I was all hyped and started building my base and realized there's no reason at all to store anything inside of it so why bother breaking into someones base with no goods inside? :|

Just make it harder to build bases. Needing more materials etc because they will just spam walls after a fix to the no doors exploit.

Or do exactly the opposite and make everything really easy. Including the raid items.

Also items need to be added that cant be banked for more of a reason to raid people.  

A lot of work to be done for base raiding in this game to be fun.     Raiding players while they are offline should always be a thing.

nice

1 hour ago, Brody said:

there is a BIG but here :| as right now not so many people play this game and not everybody have a base  so those few individuals who actually have a base  will suffer from raiders who will steal everything and then they will just disappear as they go offline , so if you want everything to be destructible some THINGS SHOULD CHANGE :

1- we need some ways to defend our base 

2-factions and clans , so if someone raid a base other clan members could defend bases or to get revenge  

3- as you mentioned there should be some items which cant be stored in bank like gold nuggets or some crafting materials like things in alchemist bag 

4-also raiders should need special equipments , not only a pick axe to smash throw everything !!    maybe also a ladder so not all bases needs to get completely destroyed 

5-when the base raids become a thing , both defenders and attackers should have something like armor peaces to protect their body specially head , so they can both survive longer and have a nice gun fight till one side wins

6-guns should have attachments (i know its kinda weird for current guns in game but hey its a steam punk world so its possible) so long range and silenced raides and combat could be possible , also gunplay is not as good as it should be 

and walls should also get repaired automatically after some times 

The solution to finish grifing 'nd make players let doors at bases, the Dev team can make inside door lockers, the lockipick can be done but the door will stay locked by the in home side, i put two models of lockers for the interior side of door that can be done at the game. (english isn't my native so srry for errors)

So we can implement the barricade system at our doors...

With one of that or boths we can let doors at base 'nd leave by the topside, to open it players will need to explode it instead of just lockipicking everything.

*I like more the first photo with wood piece blocking the door.

5d26260a4404c_porta2.thumb.jpg.a5aaca0c7e7c602ea3792f111816a23d.jpg

portao 1.jpg

yes for destruction!
But for PVP servers
For non-destruct PVE servers (but you get killed) it's better.
PVP --> destruction + character killed
PVE --> no destruction + character killed
PVEE --> no destruction + character not killed

:D

Oui pour la destruction!
Mais pour des serveurs PVP
Pour les serveurs PVE non destruction (mais qu'on puise se tué) c'est mieux.
PVP--> destruction+personnage tué
PVE-->non destruction+personnage tué
PVEE--> non destruction+personnage non tué

:D

It will be better if the raiding be only available when the owner of the base was online.

And maybe get notified about it.

OF COURSE THEY SHOULD BE DESTRUCIBLE! What else would there be to do after you had a dope base? Your servers would fill up with trash buildings and the game would run like doo doo.

Make PVE servers for all the cowards. Literally problem solved. This has been done before guys, not that hard.....

I like the idea of fully destructible bases. I think, depending on the materials used for construction, this should be a resource heavy undertaking. Also, I think that if you go this way, then you should allow automated defences. 

Why not make it to where someone can raid your base, but the destruction is for a limited time? So then the invader has a time limit to get the loot he can find and after time runs out he gets kicked out and cant break into same house for a certain amount of time like a cool down (meaning the base would restore itself to the state it was before the raid). This could be offset by the cost of some gold cash and a few mats. That way the victim doesn't lose their base and the raider gets a chance at getting some loot, it would also make for some intricate designs for the bases. also i know its not really related but damn. I'm lost on how to produce the gold bars to buy land plots and large land plots from bank, it doesn't give an explanation on how to acquire the gold bars. Not to mention gun trader not selling the better guns because of the Tier level. but no way to increase the tier level yet. seems pretty unfair to try and get a better gun from drops when someone higher level or on an older account who had a chance to get a better gun, can straight up outgun you. Oh, and lastly raiding would not be so bad if we could craft mats quicker, waiting 30s plus to make 1 crafting stone is boring as fuck, I spend 30 mins gathering rocks to spend another 30 mins crating stones 1 at a time.

On 11. 6. 2019 at 2:01 AM, Augusto said:

Walls could cost 10x more explosives to be knocked over compared to the same type of material door.
For example:
Wooden door 2 explosives, wooden wall 20 explosives, wooden foundation 50 explosives.

3 types of explosives, each for one type of building material.
Against wood, incendiary explosives.
Against rock, explosive impact.
Against metal, explosive piercing.
Wood construction receives bonus damage against incendiary, stone and metal immunity incendiary explosives or 90% damage reduction.
You can use explosive piercing against wood, but the cost of resources would be too high to spend on wood.
Option to reinforce construction by spending more material. Wall of wood T1 5 wood, T2 10 additional wood, T3 25 wood.
So forcing to break the doors. By lowering players they just want to completely destroy the foundations of others.
Recover 90% of the material spent on construction with a limit of 5 minutes after built. After the timeout, it does not recover the resources spent.
It does not have to be these values, but the mechanics are very interesting and add new possibilities to the construction.

I think they are great methods to avoid being completely destroyed and at the same time making raid challengers against other players.
My English is very bad, I had help from google
 translate, normal to have some typos.

I gotta say that I mostly agree with this. In the current state, every wall can break only by using revolver, which is kinda silly. I would personally maybe only let the wooden wall to be destroyed by guns, but stone and metal wall should be destroyable only with some kind of explosive, also the wood is shot very quickly, I would atleast double or maybe triple the durability there. That said... I would make explosives hard to get, they could be inside the safe or atleast in the  airdrop or be crafted through more steps... for example have blueprint for gunpowder, blueprint for explosive (which would already be able to destroy stone walls) and then out of them have blueprint for some kind of explosive charge for destroying metal walls. 

Keep bases the way they are now. However expand the respawn time to 24-48 hours. That way people will utilize spending the $$$ to rebuild those pieces.

know spent more than enough time gathering resources to build the base and that craft button. I dont  want to spend all my time gathering resources to rebuild just to log off for the night and come back the next day to have to do it all over again. Defeats the idea of having a base and there is way to many players that would rather raid and destroy bases then play the game. More quests would be great give us something more to do.  Maybe a few more monsters....

Maybe just make the raiding be only available when the owner of the base was online. Then the owner gets a notification and make it so the owner can then defend it.

At this point with everyone use the vault to store items what is the point in being able to destroy someones base other than grieving?  Exception perhaps if base owner is has bandit status and is hiding in base.

I do not like the idea of my base being destroyed when it took so long to build it up to where it is today I think that only lockpicking to get in is better and should have a least one door to be considered a base

3 hours ago, Spirent said:

I do not like the idea of my base being destroyed when it took so long to build it up to where it is today I think that only lockpicking to get in is better and should have a least one door to be considered a base

I had doors.  Logged in today to find someone broke them which is really stupid as it takes a lot more resources to break metal doors than to make a lock pick (typical greifers).  As a result, no more doors for now.