• Announcements

    • Frontier Admin

      OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

      Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Frontier Admin

Our Development Focus - what we're working on right now

Recommended Posts

Just wanted to drop quick update on what we're working right now. 

 

  1. Optimizations. We basically started week ago long ( it'll be at least a month ) task of optimizing everything. We go thru ALL game content, optimizing textures, we going thru game code, replacing old WWO code with newer more optimal code. Overall game is not in a best shape right now optimizations wise. It have too much textures, require too much memory, thus suffers on low end configurations, and not letting users with high end cards/memory to have constant 60+ or even 90+ fps.

    THIS IS OUR BIGGEST PRIORITY RIGHT NOW.
     
  2. Gameplay related bugs - missing texts, missing goals, unclear things in a game and overall UX. 
     
  3. Adding more quests, more NPCs, adding quests to vendors. Basically adding more "errands" and things to do to get XP, unlock new items, etc. 
     
  4. Getting ready to get first instanced Event - Frontier Town capture available to players. This one we want to get ready by impending Steam Early Access. It's working right now, but we still feel it's kind of "meh" - it's fun, but is it going to be fun to do it over and over again ? This is something that is our focus right now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The strategy is sound.  I would personally prefer more content to more polishing but I have been here for while so I have learned to look past the imperfections.  New players may not be as open minded.

Keep the info coming.  No news is bad news in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree on the overall system optimization focus. I have 2 fairly high end computers and laptops that struggle running this game. This game gets my laptop cpu and gpu to 85c at 1080p but all settings turned down low/off, and it still struggles at times with fps (would be nice to have a fps counter somewhere in game). I dont have any problems running other new games at higher settings/resolution with either of my systems.

My laptop has a GTX 970m and i7 4710HQ. Older, but still a beast. Resolution set to 1080p windowed (that keeps the temp lower) with low/off settings.

My desktop has a GTX 950 and i5 4590. Again, older, but still very capable and it still struggles at times with certain aspects of game. (also, crashes a lot on this machine for some reason). My son plays Fortnite on this almost maxed out at 60fps.

So, better system utilization would be fantastic. It looks ok now, but would like to have it looking better by turning up settings, but just cant yet. And I know my systems should be able to run it well.

 

Thanks for the updates! Keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Town Capture event... This is your event? So you just took what was already available in WWO. I hope you can make it better, otherwise the old players wont be happy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

Just wanted to drop quick update on what we're working right now. 

 

  1. Optimizations. We basically started week ago long ( it'll be at least a month ) task of optimizing everything. We go thru ALL game content, optimizing textures, we going thru game code, replacing old WWO code with newer more optimal code. Overall game is not in a best shape right now optimizations wise. It have too much textures, require too much memory, thus suffers on low end configurations, and not letting users with high end cards/memory to have constant 60+ or even 90+ fps.

    THIS IS OUR BIGGEST PRIORITY RIGHT NOW.
     
  2. Gameplay related bugs - missing texts, missing goals, unclear things in a game and overall UX. 
     
  3. Adding more quests, more NPCs, adding quests to vendors. Basically adding more "errands" and things to do to get XP, unlock new items, etc. 
     
  4. Getting ready to get first instanced Event - Frontier Town capture available to players. This one we want to get ready by impending Steam Early Access. It's working right now, but we still feel it's kind of "meh" - it's fun, but is it going to be fun to do it over and over again ? This is something that is our focus right now. 

 

What happened to your pve event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

Just wanted to drop quick update on what we're working right now. 

  1.  Getting ready to get first instanced Event - Frontier Town capture available to players. This one we want to get ready by impending Steam Early Access. It's working right now, but we still feel it's kind of "meh" - it's fun, but is it going to be fun to do it over and over again ? This is something that is our focus right now. 

Greetings,

Are you expecting a Steam Early Access to be available this year?

Mav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 It's working right now, but we still feel it's kind of "meh" - it's fun

With explosive barrels and anti-personnel mines, it can do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ~Mavrick~ said:

Greetings,

Are you expecting a Steam Early Access to be available this year?

Mav

Next couple weeks, when we're ready. Game build was finally approved by Steam, but we won't flip switch until we feel it's ready. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

Next couple weeks, when we're ready. Game build was finally approved by Steam, but we won't flip switch until we feel it's ready. 

 

Why are you doing the exact same thing that ex dev did ? Adding the same kind of event and all things that killed the previous game.

You are just doing the same. There is nothing to do. Adding auto event won't fix the thing. There is absolutely no interaction between players. When you see someone out of a safe zone you shoot. When there is an event you go there and shoot at sight.

I know it's an alpha or beta or whatever you want to call it. But there is nothing to do after 1 hours in game. The only thing is log in in a server get the balloon and bank safe, then log out and log in in another serv etc...

We need a purpose to play game. Ok you call it sandbox game. But still we need an goal. We can build a house, but nothing after. You can't conquer others land. You kill someone and don't get anything. (nothing bad neither good)

 

You should look at  "New World" It's a real Alpha. You have so much to learn. Youare just killing the game. And wait a good 6 months before release on steam. Or you will shoot your own foot. Like other dev before you.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 12:23 AM, Frangan said:

We need a purpose to play game. Ok you call it sandbox game. But still we need an goal. We can build a house, but nothing after. You can't conquer others land. You kill someone and don't get anything. (nothing bad neither good)

For a sake of open discussion - what do you think let say Rust have, that we don't yet ? Yes, we do realize that it was different time and age, and all that. but still people are playing it, new players comes to it. In a nutshell - gameplay wise. You survive, you get new recipes, you build your house. You raid other players houses. 

New Frontier first and foremost is a Rust like game. It may succeed, or it may fail, but it will not fail or succeed based on a wild west online history. 99% of players who will play game in next two months never heard of it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

For a sake of open discussion - what do you think let say Rust have, that we don't yet ? Yes, we do realize that it was different time and age, and all that. but still people are playing it, new players comes to it. In a nutshell - gameplay wise. You survive, you get new recipes, you build your house. You raid other players houses. 

New Frontier first and foremost is a Rust like game. It may succeed, or it may fail, but it will not fail or succeed based on a wild west online history. 99% of players who will play game in next two months never heard of it. 

 

I like the  direction it's going, im excited for the future of the game and hope the playerbase picks up a bit so we can get into some proper pvp and base raiding :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

For a sake of open discussion - what do you think let say Rust have, that we don't yet ? Yes, we do realize that it was different time and age, and all that. but still people are playing it, new players comes to it. In a nutshell - gameplay wise. You survive, you get new recipes, you build your house. You raid other players houses. 

New Frontier first and foremost is a Rust like game. It may succeed, or it may fail, but it will not fail or succeed based on a wild west online history. 99% of players who will play game in next two months never heard of it. 

 

Ok so i have played rust and many games like it and so far New Frontier is nothing like rust and here is why

Rust You can smash/raid other peoples bases (On New Frontier You Can't)

Rust has loads of loot,ranging from clothing/armour/guns ect.it has lots of meaningful loot what makes people want to raid bases due to the high amount of loot (New Frontier Doesn't Have Good Loot Like That)

Rust has good Gathering I.E Trees fall over when wood is all gone and so do rocks,also you get a lot of stuff from them and fast  (New Frontier you hit the same Tree or Rock over and over again and get 1 bit of wood after every full hold,that makes getting things super boring as you are just standing there holding the mouse button for ages and thats it)

Rust has good gun play,feel and feed back (New Frontiers Guns Feel/React In A Dull/Boring Way)

Rust has Traps and base defensive things (New Frontier Has None Of That) 

Rust has a slick and good feedback to movement and Animation (New Frontier Due To The NightShade Engine Feels Clunky And Has Poor Animations) 

Rusts world feels alive (New Frontiers World Feels Static And Lifeless) 

Rust there is a reason for killing and raiding someone (As you drop EVERYTHING you have) (New Frontier You Don't Drop Everything And There Is No Reason To Raid/Kill)

i think overall The New Frontier feels more like a TDM game with a huge map,Not a Survival Game,you just make a static base,and radomly kill people for no reward or loss.

Now ofc this could all change,but in the current state my opinion is this is nothing like rust at all.

But hey i would like to hear other peoples views on it :)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RossTheGr8 said:

Ok so i have played rust and many games like it and so far New Frontier is nothing like rust and here is why

Rust You can smash/raid other peoples bases (On New Frontier You Can't)

Rust has loads of loot,ranging from clothing/armour/guns ect.it has lots of meaningful loot what makes people want to raid bases due to the high amount of loot (New Frontier Doesn't Have Good Loot Like That)

Rust has good Gathering I.E Trees fall over when wood is all gone and so do rocks,also you get a lot of stuff from them and fast  (New Frontier you hit the same Tree or Rock over and over again and get 1 bit of wood after every full hold,that makes getting things super boring as you are just standing there holding the mouse button for ages and thats it)

Rust has good gun play,feel and feed back (New Frontiers Guns Feel/React In A Dull/Boring Way)

Rust has Traps and base defensive things (New Frontier Has None Of That) 

Rust has a slick and good feedback to movement and Animation (New Frontier Due To The NightShade Engine Feels Clunky And Has Poor Animations) 

Rusts world feels alive (New Frontiers World Feels Static And Lifeless) 

Rust there is a reason for killing and raiding someone (As you drop EVERYTHING you have) (New Frontier You Don't Drop Everything And There Is No Reason To Raid/Kill)

i think overall The New Frontier feels more like a TDM game with a huge map,Not a Survival Game,you just make a static base,and radomly kill people for no reward or loss.

Now ofc this could all change,but in the current state my opinion is this is nothing like rust at all.

But hey i would like to hear other peoples views on it :)

 

 

Agreed on this one! It's not rust at anypoint lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Let the game come quietly. It is in alpha.
I am waiting to see what is highlighted in red.
All in a western world.
 

Screenshot_1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RossTheGr8 said:

But hey i would like to hear other peoples views on it :)

My view is rust has been around a while, New Frontier is in alpha stage.

You seemed to have missed where it was said New Frontier is Rust "like".....not an exact copy.

Some of those things you listed I hope New Frontier NEVER gets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Helder said:

Please put in plans a South America Server.

As soon as we'll have sizeable audience form the region, we'll have servers there. 

8 hours ago, RossTheGr8 said:

Rusts world feels alive (New Frontiers World Feels Static And Lifeless) 

Can you elaborate on this ? Ie why you get feeling of static world in a new frontier and not in Rust ? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

As soon as we'll have sizeable audience form the region, we'll have servers there. 

Can you elaborate on this ? Ie why you get feeling of static world in a new frontier and not in Rust ? 

 

 

I working to increase audience from here.

Please create the Clan Option, to share building 'nd etc i really neeed this cause i play with 4 friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Helder said:

Please put in plans a South America Server.

WE are more than 10 over here. a ZA (SOUTH AFRICA) server will be nice also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frontier Admin said:

As soon as we'll have sizeable audience form the region, we'll have servers there. 

Can you elaborate on this ? Ie why you get feeling of static world in a new frontier and not in Rust ? 

 

 

Right well for an example in Rust when you go to get Wood OR Stone you wack a tree....now once the wood is gone the tree falls over....or the rock crumbles and gets smaller....here you hold the mouse down to a tree or rock and thats it no feed back at all..the tree gives unlimmited wood and doesn't fall down or give any feed back....thats like the whole world there is no interaction with the world at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.