• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Frontier Admin

TPS or FPS ?

TPS or FPS  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should game be FPS only or TPS mode is important ?

• Game should be FPS only ! No cheating, exploits!
    • I will not play game without TPS mode !
    • I don't care really - TPS mode is okay to have but not deal breaker for me

Questions says it all. 

Some of the team members opt for FPS only mode. And disabling TPS camera. 

But we're not making game for ourselves - we're making it for you. So please let us know how do you feel. 

6 minutes ago, Frontier Admin said:

Questions says it all. 

But we're not making game for ourselves - we're making it for you. So please let us know how do you feel. 

I think FPS only mode will be so much better for this game. (But can let some server TPS to the guys who like it)

I usually don't use TPS view but for times that I want to inspect my character 

But you guys should keep TPS when riding a horse 

• Upvote 1

cosmetics bags lose all their interest without TPS mode

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

TPS Animations are a bit..Chunky and not so relaxed,i mean the character is stiff.I would advice you people there to to do some motion capture to really capture human movement. 
You basicaly need a green screen and make Anatoly run across it when the camera is recording and put it in a model viewer,then into the game.
I did it as well and transfered into sprites.
AND
First person horse riding and gunfight would be awesome as hell,with ironsight..As it is in real life.

exactly, I like seeing my shirtless guy in a hawk 

And female character ).

the game is good as such

I used to love "first person" open world games but not much anymore. Coming from someone who is constantly on the lookout for enemies while roaming in games it requires way too much effort/energy to keep an eye out for other players in first person and i feel burned out after a while.

Its hard to go back after experiencing third for such a long time now and realizing how much longer i can play without fatigue.

Though i would like to say it definitely may be worth doing a test run when this population gets larger with like a "First person only week" and same for third person perspective as well.

The suspense factor in this game in first person may be what makes it very popular, or it could be the exact opposite and people like less effort.

Much work to be done guys! 

• Like 1

Just used the TPS mode only when riding a horse ! I also have bugs with the TPS view.

• Like 1

the audio is way to bad at the moment to force FPS mode on every one , if u could do some line of sige stuff that SCUM does so if you ucrouch behind wall and lookin over said wall u will see nothing in till you uhave line of site, that would be great in this game 

2 hours ago, EYKØ said:

Just used the TPS mode only when riding a horse ! I also have bugs with the TPS view.

I liked that idea, TPS only when riding a horse! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Krisz said:

I would advice you people there to to do some motion capture to really capture human movement. 

It's mocaped already :)

You can do an option in the menu to disable third person in horse to those who want only FPS. And the option to have both or re-enable the third person view. All this before entering the server, I think it's easier. Good work it's a great game.

Emm, just leave gameplay as it is and add forced FPS servers for those who want FPS.

6 hours ago, Helder said:

I liked that idea, TPS only when riding a horse! 

Sounds like a good compromise! 
I'm OK with both, but it would be nice to play the gunfights in first person view.
Anyway, I guess maintain developing both "version of the game" needs much time/energy, which could be invested into other, more important aspects of the game, and maybe developers need to decide, where to go... I don't know, but I wish good luck for all of us! :D

Cheers!

>readying for firefight
>sees friends
>"bro what you wearing so I dont shoot you"
>presses escape to check what I have on
>get shot up while in the esc menu

one of many scenarios if fp only

There are sooooooo many more important things that need addressing well before this issue!

• Like 1

On 11/07/2019 at 4:41 AM, Frontier Admin said:

Questions says it all. 

this message especially means :

Some of team members don't really give a f.ck about western style...

Some of team members want make a FPS game for kids with monsters and M4a1 cause it's too slow to have fun with a Colt or remington...

Some of team members want destroy town because they can't make a good story line with good quest...

Some of team members prefer destroy town without reasons, cause there is nothing to do...

Thank for your honesty .......

10min played by week, that's enought, no need to play more ........

21 hours ago, McDonald said:

this message especially means :

Some of team members don't really give a f.ck about western style...

Some of team members want make a FPS game for kids with monsters and M4a1 cause it's too slow to have fun with a Colt or remington...

Some of team members want destroy town because they can't make a good story line with good quest...

Some of team members prefer destroy town without reasons, cause there is nothing to do...

Thank for your honesty .......

10min played by week, that's enought, no need to play more ........

what are you talking aobut. there is no m4a1