• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff Billy

Base Protection Change

jGPendi.png.8c308dbe2b0c5cbb979e42de3db11b3c.png

Howdy Partners!

We have made some changes when it comes to the base building protection as you've probably noticed already.
Before you only had to pay a little amount to increase the timer but from now you pay more and it depends on the size of your house and amount of structures placed.
A big house needs a lot of resources to survive right?

I made some pictures to show you a bit of the difference.
The first screenshot is from a brand new Land Deed where it is not really that expensive to increase the timer.

Screenshot_6.jpg.dcc8fe6725f1904182bf427cc7598a07.jpg

But now there is a screenshot of a Land Deed which is almost fully upgraded with slots and everything

Screenshot_2.jpg.19b130175963ed77f50f6756c0ab4b77.jpg

As you can see, it can be expensive but also keep in mind that your group members can help you (See patch notes 07.29.2019).

We hope you guys like our changes, more will come soon on the upcoming patch!
Feel free to post your opinions below in the comments, we would like to see them!

//New Frontier

Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date about the latest news and updates for New Frontier.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newfrontiergame/
Discord: http://discord.gg/newfrontier
Forums: http://forum.playwwo.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/newfrontiergame

Well, one of our complaints was that the building cost is too high and now even the protection cost is high as well :)) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NAVZAHED said:

Well, one of our complaints was that the building cost is too high and now even the protection cost is high as well :)) 

Well if you have a big house, then you have to pay a lot, means you have to farm more means you have more things to do. Result = Not getting boring :))

3 hours ago, Sheriff Billy said:

Well if you have a big house, then you have to pay a lot, means you have to farm more means you have more things to do. Result = Not getting boring :))

Yes I get your point, but it was OK if we had to spend most of our time to gather resources but now we spend most of our time behind the crafting bench which is super boring 

And making matters worse you even doubled the amount of resources required for building a wall or other things

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NAVZAHED said:

Yes I get your point, but it was OK if we had to spend most of our time to gather resources but now we spend most of our time behind the crafting bench which is super boring 

And making matters worse you even doubled the amount of resources required for building a wall or other things

We will change something in the building system on the next patch which will make it easier to build.

NOTE: My last message was a mix between a big house in real life and the game. ;)

Speaking of buildings, are the houses built within the new safe zone of Vainbank and Brockton safe from evildoers ?  I realize the people within them are, because it is the safe zone still.

14 hours ago, Just4Me said:

Speaking of buildings, are the houses built within the new safe zone of Vainbank and Brockton safe from evildoers ?  I realize the people within them are, because it is the safe zone still.

If you ask me those houses are the most vulnerable ones, people still can destroy them or pick their locks in front of the owner without owner being able to kill them coz safe zones are safe for anyone who isn't a criminal with wanted status on them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NAVZAHED said:

If you ask me those houses are the most vulnerable ones, people still can destroy them or pick their locks in front of the owner without owner being able to kill them coz safe zones are safe for anyone who isn't a criminal with wanted status on them

Then taking someone else' property like stream miner gold/crops/trap etc, or destroying property in general, should mark you as a criminal.

3 hours ago, Just4Me said:

Then taking someone else' property like stream miner gold/crops/trap etc, or destroying property in general, should mark you as a criminal.

Then it will kill the base raiding, you know that players should solve their problems them selves, but poor NPCs need some thing to protect them 

Perhaps someone can explain what, given the current state of game play, is the point of building a base? 

• Upvote 1

Farmed materials Built base with workbenches Payed 5 days protection Disappeared in less than six hours lock stock and barrel

I can't seem to delete this post. My error was thinking bases weren't tied to servers, which they are. If you scroll through the server choice list you'll see a small log cabin lookin' icon to the right of the server entry that your buildings are located on.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, ~Mavrick~ said:

Perhaps someone can explain what, given the current state of game play, is the point of building a base? 

Anyone?

8 hours ago, ~Mavrick~ said:

Anyone?

Actually nothing, maybe for some people it's just joy of building, the only game play advantage whould be another spawn location after you died 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Figured I would come check on the reskin. Cool that they added house building!  Can people break into or break down your house while it is on protection?

7 hours ago, FatGoat said:

Figured I would come check on the reskin. Cool that they added house building!  Can people break into or break down your house while it is on protection?

People can lockpick the door and your chest.

Welcome back.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:19 AM, Sheriff Billy said:

I made some pictures to show you a bit of the difference.
The first screenshot is from a brand new Land Deed where it is not really that expensive to increase the timer.

Screenshot_6.jpg.dcc8fe6725f1904182bf427cc7598a07.jpg

So I just layed down a new land deed and it again required me materials for the upkeep, but this time no money was needed😐 so once again everything about building a house is hard, time consuming and unnecessary 

7 hours ago, Marox said:

People can lockpick the door and your chest.

Welcome back.

Thank you for your answer.  So....what does the protection actually protect?  Are people able to destroy your walls, doors, etc while it is protected or not?

3 hours ago, FatGoat said:

Thank you for your answer.  So....what does the protection actually protect?  Are people able to destroy your walls, doors, etc while it is protected or not?

It just protects your land which means no one can claim your land, but the buildings can be robbed or destroyed completely 

• Upvote 1

On 16.8.2019 at 6:29 PM, FatGoat said:

The protection is against decoy.

I would like to see bandit status for picking locks or destroying property. I'm fine with the idea of base raiding, I just think there should be a way to retaliate for cases built along the protected areas 

1 hour ago, Traywick said:

I would like to see bandit status for picking locks or destroying property. I'm fine with the idea of base raiding, I just think there should be a way to retaliate for cases built along the protected areas 

already inside (eg. bandit status for hitting walls and lockpick your chest)