• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Hector

Basebuilding improvements

Howdy,

As we have mentioned previously, in this stage of Early Access we are working on improvement, fixes and balancing in the game and the players being able to play the game is an extremely important aspect to it. 

Now, we are starting to work on the Basebuilding system. The basebuilding is an essential part of the game and it needs to be considered the foundation of the game. This is the goal of the game. We will be bringing pretty a "Basebuilding v2" system and we would like to know from you guys the following: 
What should we add?
What should we remove?
What should we change?
What needs to be improved?

Any feedback on the way it is right now is very welcome and will be much appreciated. 

So, players, tell us what you'd like different in the way the basebuilding works in the game so we can go towards the direction you the players want to go with it. 

• Upvote 1

I would like to be able to move my crafting bench’s and furniture, if I want to rearrange the layout of my house. For now the only way to do it, is to destroy it and rebuild it. 

First and most important thing: the cost of building is extremely high, specially for stone and metal walls 

-we need expandable lands, like you bring a small land deed to an existing land and it will expands the build boundaries 

-we need basic light bulbs which could be installed on the wall or can be hang from the roof and maybe a steam generator for power🤔

-we need some kind of wall to build around our house 

-some doors like metal door shouldn't be pick able with lock picks (there is no safe place in our house so any kid with a lock pick can take everything) so make it harder for them 

-let us rotate triangle wall vertically too

-let us have wall papers for stone and metal wall, right now wooden walls have some cool patterns on them let's have these patterns on stone and metal walls too

-windows need to be more transparent 

-add signs which we can write on them, like minecraft!

- move the land flag a little away from the building boundaries, right now it blocks us from building anything in front of it 

-and make furniture usable and more decorations 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

many people doesn't like build bases/houses coz it costly/took much time to craft the materials. and too simple for me.

not all of us go teaming up, some of em goes solo

*add Various Lamp(Stand, wall) for interior and exterior(Ofc it give light). coz It's so dark

*change, interactive things(door, chest) time. make it faster, if possible add animation to it

*add (create)path walk?, so houses not that simple

*improve Candle, it can be turned on and off manually

*improve window, it seems too gloossy right now

*improve durability base(wall, floor, etc)

*add animation for such things as chairs, bed, etc.

*add feature where we can manage who can get into our house(legaly). so friend can use/stay in our house without owner being there

• Like 2

I would like to see beautiful buildings in the style of the wild west in the game around, my proposal to you: make about 10 ten drawings of beautiful houses in the style of the wild west, but empty in the inside, for example: a small house - more, more and more and so on ... The player must first buy a building permit, then buy a drawing of his house and then craft for it to build resources. Inside, it must be empty so that the player himself can plan the walls, passages, doors, and so on, and outside he is beautiful.

• Like 1

we need a wide variety of traps, being able to install a gatling

I'd say my only suggestion is make sure it's not ridiculously worth it to rob a house or easy to blow it up. It sounds counter intuitive for game of this genre, but criminals have the upper hand in every survival games because it is impossible to have 24/7 available law enforcement and much less rewarding to take on that role. You can't protect your base if you're not online. Actual communities rely on faith in other peoples for security, but in a game a single person could rob all houses in a server without much repercussion if there's one or two persons in the server. I love building bases to be like houses, but instead have to make windowless 3-layer buffer door labyrinth bunker or my meager stash get ransacked.

Also horses should spawn at hitch post.

• Upvote 1

Add a reason to be build Beyond crafting better weapons etc

Since I suppose you will release some playing cards etc , why not start with making people interact with each other?

So in my opinion, making new social buildings that benefit everyone will be nice. Garrisons, saloons, restaurants all played by some players

So LESS building for everyone (so better FPS for everyone in some location), and LESS servers so people can interact with each other. Building costs grow up but will make people get together to make things so people must get together, and one can't make everything by himself . Many people just want to shoot , but are blocked because they have crappy weapons and they got to craft weapon . 

The only reason I like the crafting in this game is because I can make my property in the wild west in middle of thiefs and killers. But thing is that is kinda useless right now since you can store everything at post, so even the logic of chests and "home" is broken. Everytime someone will broke into the house they will find nothing because they have everything at post. 

Instead since we have voice chat , it will be better if I , as a thief, can enter into a saloon managed by a guild and try to rob real values. Obviously they will shot me down, so I will have to get there with more people and then good things can make up. For now, there is no reason 1) to enter inside one house, beside griefing  

Crafting should be something special for people who have time and have really interest in it. To be honest I prefer to buy a crafted good weapon by a good player instead of craft it. 

Instead of get materials myself , I prefert to post in Vainbank a work quest for who have time in change of money or gold (like I need 100 wood ).

NPC instead of monster that can defend my home (guards) that I can place where I want or set a patrol (not respawnable)

What I hate is having to become a mindless bot only to having a place that "i don't really want to have". I prefer spend my time playing some round of poker than mine all time

• Like 1

I would love to see some really basic "prefab" houses we can buy for in game cash or something instead of having to build a house for us who aren't huge building fans. I don't want anything fancy, just a little cabin or something I can place down and decorate or something. I'd be willing to pay a little extra (In game currency) for something like this.

• Upvote 1

Please remove the land deed "base banner" that sits out in the open...It's kind of annoying, plus it gives off a flashing light effect.

And yes, better lighting for our houses please :)

Fireplace with chimney would be nice.

The other day, I had someone place a plot of land right by mine and stack stairs on a single base piece and climb right up to my base and jump over an in.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't think people should be allowed to build stairs without  a supporting frame. I.E walls on the sides or something. If not that then you shouldn't be able to build a skybox base by just stacking, stacking, and stacking stairs. 2-3 continuous stair limit would solve this in most cases. 

Plot boundaries outside of clans is another feature. I.e. Someone outside of the clan/group can't place a plot down RIGHT next to your plot or within ~30m. 

Not being able to place plots while in combat

Faster destruction of your own walls while in building. The ability to get all of your mats back. When you spend ~30 metal on a wall, and get 12 - 18 back... It's a huge loss every time you want to move something.

I agree, for my part I want a certain logic to my buildings (they can be realizable in real life).

- The main issue is the material cost to build. 90% of the abandoned homes I see in the world have built five floors (this is the number of floors you can build with the materials your new character spawns with) and maybe a wall before the player realized the cost was too insane to continue. Most people who do continue to play the game don't even worry about walls. They build a floor then focus on building crafting stations. So we end up with tons of "bases" that are just platforms with crafting stations.

- Remove the deed banner. The light is so distracting and having a base in a PVP area is going to be hard enough without a huge light beacon telling everyone where your home is. A small sign I would be ok with though I don't see the need for a deed marker at all.

-Please allow us to place baricades, spike traps and decoration on ground on our preperty (base). When I placed something on ground not on foundation and that item for example baricade or box(decoration) after while wanished and I loose materials for it crafting. It would be nice to plece something not only on floors and foundations bot on the ground.

-Please add some nice lighting items

-Some "unpickable doors or crates would be very nice

-Not for basebuilding, but I will be very pleased if you add some portable light source (torch, flashlight) and some meele or stealth weapon (bow, tomahawk, knife(for fight not skinning))

Sorry for my gramar, Im from Czech Republic and English is my 2. language.

There are so many useless buildings at the servers (just a floor, one wall etc.). I think it will be a good thing to make it more expensive to build and upkeep a base. A base should be something special. Hard to build and hard to keep. With the last patch, the group members can help with it. Land should be more expensive.

It should not be able to place Buildings, traps, miners, fish traps, animal traps etc. inside a safe zone. No gain, without a  risk (or much less gain than inside the pvp-zones).

5 hours ago, Marox said:

There are so many useless buildings at the servers (just a floor, one wall etc.). I think it will be a good thing to make it more expensive to build and upkeep a base. A base should be something special. Hard to build and hard to keep. With the last patch, the group members can help with it. Land should be more expensive.

It should not be able to place Buildings, traps, miners, fish traps, animal traps etc. inside a safe zone. No gain, without a  risk (or much less gain than inside the pvp-zones).

Look, all those useless buildings are the result of hard building system,but to be honest it's mostly because of this shitty crafting system which forces the player to spend hours crafting building materials, so many people just give up as they spend most of their valuable time on something really boring 

1. Crafted wood / metal is a grindfest to mine and craft yourself. WTF i dont have 36 hours to mine enough shit for 1 wall.

2. Your tutorial sucks ass....doesn't explain shit but the obvious. What  is the red bandit shield in upper left corner of my screen about? Whats the blue shield in the upper left corner about?
Oh I get a horse by pressing H....wheres that in the tutorial?
Crafting shit takes forever and a lifetime... I realize its not gonna be instant but fuck me....not 45 minutes of me hackin away at some trees to get enough materials to make a fucking popsicle stick!

3. If your shopping in a store and it "closes for the night" guess what if your in there when door closes your stuck in there until morning (unless you have a lockpick like i did)
- Make all doors able to open to outside from inside.

4. Losing life for no goddamm reason and having to eat like an obese fat porker just to keep from dying is beyond annoying.

4. Shooting animals in the head with 10 shotgun blasts point blank should only take 2 at most. Again I don't expect it to be instant headshots but cmon...

5. Putting water in a canteen and drinking it SHOULD NOT POISON ME! Why have a canteen if you can't fill it and drink it?

6. Land deeds are too expensive....well maybe not for trump but when you get shit ingame by way of gold etc....the cost is enormous.

7. NOBODY HAS ANY GEAR BECAUSE ITS TOO GRINDY AND BROKEN TO START PVP'N ANYONE!

8. When crafting the amount decreases in your inventory instead of the other way around.

9. Where are the award logs from the sheriff in vainbank? It showed me getting 750.00 bucks and then guess what....I don't have the money. If you could check and verify logs on server 007 usa that would be great. It happened like 20 minutes ago.

10. How do you get blueprints?

11. Where's all the level 2 and up weapons? Why are they locked out and I gain zero loyalty to the store clerks?

12. If im at my base....why can't i fast travel to vainbank? If your only gonna have 1 damn town that's worth a shit.....don't make it so i have to jump 3 trains and 3 stage coachs to get there. Add more towns with gear we can buy elsewhere.

13. I want to flip my building items not just rotate it the same way over and over.

14. Let us create custom recipes/crafting....for instance: horse nip (it makes your horse run ultra fast for 2 mins) you get the idea.

15. Add binoculars

16. Integrate some sort of twitch account feature with an award or something for streamers that link our twitchs or prime.

17. What do you press to see who's on your server?

18. How can you easily add a friend from the server your on?

19. What time is it ingame and where do you find that info out?

20. Why can't I ever gamble in the saloon?

21. Where's the hookers? I mean female companions?

idk if that have any interest, yu guys like to do the exact opposite of what we suggest and want but let give it a try  ...

- To change :

• Reduce gathering and crafting time, allow multiple craft at once so we don't have to wait 2 sec between each fucking object ...
  • Reduce amount of ressource needed to build if you keep this slow gather/craft boring system ( look like dev only tested their game with some kind of "spawn Xitem" commande cause that one of the most greedy building system i've ever seen...)
  • REMOVE or Lower the upkeep : this upkeep is killing the last will of people building their base, people said it to you and you got idea to make it worst ..., gather/craft time are already really long to  do and allow to build almost nothing, but when yu have to do additionnal boring farming for " upkeep " it's just too much, i understand the function of upkeep, it encourage people to reconnect, but actualy the fact it is expenssiv either in time to gather/craft than in material and money make actualy people deconnect and leave the game ( i lost my first base cause of coming back few hours too late to renew it, i was really really really really pissed considering my base costed me hours and hours of gather/craft as well that ton of material ( building was more expensiv at this moment, but i also got wall dissapearing that i got to replace each time, and also put goldbar and tn in it as well that the dollars of deco ...., LOST EVERYTHING and even if it was after ukpeep update, and that i got half back would still be angry ...
  • Remove that stupid flag that block our entrance and fuck the esthetic, instead make the base management pass via a desk that we could place where we want in base
  • less restriction on placement ( for exmple i can't build in some place of my land cause there is a rock that cross the border on some part (and only little part of this rock ..) and we  can't build objject trought stone ... ), or building thing over floor over foundation is also stupid and boring when yu know the amount of time to gather/craft it's really pissing to waste material while we could just place it over the foundation, etc etc At least allow to build throught stone
  • Make foundation placement snappable or not to the land deed border, i've wasted several material by building foundation and noticing that i didn't got enough space to place the last one on the edge cause i placed the first like 5cm too far from border so i got to destroy everything and try again till i found the perfect placement to use all the base space ...
  • REMOVE OR INCREASE THE BASIC SLOT AVAILABLE IN BASE , really stupid to make it so limited, good for perf maybe ( yu could anyway earn in perf by removing a part of high tree and remplace it with medium and small variation that require lower loading distance), really ugly for eyes , frustrating to upgrade and build with such restriction that make all house look like an empty wood/stone/metal blockaus clone
  • If yu keep this available slot restriction then at least make goldbar easyer to get or make it upgradable faster
  • allow control on land deed extension , i mean we should be able to select wich part of the terrain we wanna extend
  • Allow more rotation, we need a 45° rotation for wall, so house will look less blocky, thought it will also requier according floor and roof to match a 45°rot, but also for thing like the triangle wall

- To add :

• more variation for object
  • more object obviously
  • More interactiv object
  • large door/large stairs
  • brick material/variation
  • FIELD ! make no sense to use tiny garden when yu've  free land all around to make field like they all fucking do at this time, why not add hydroponic culture too if yu wanna make it more ridiculous ... Also, as yur map look empty and dead ( not enough living town, no pnj out of town, every place are stupidly  destroyed, 2 wild animal only,  etc) , field would be a way to show there is live as well that providing more environnement variation. Field would get his own landdeed we could snap or place near base one
  • Management Desk to remplace the ugly boring flag, that we could place where we want in base
  • base trap that stand way longer ( ive waste many material for trap outside of base to notice it dissapear after few hours ...)
  • more ligthing/fire object
  • better window shader (except if  yu wanted to make plastic opaq glass it look really ugly
  • Decorative vegetation ( ivy on wall, flower pot, small / medium tree etc) and more decoration in general
  •  

To remove :

• Remove Metal wall , i know people want strong resistance, but let's be honest, metal base are really ugly and ruin the paysage as well than beeing not realist for this era in a wild region without industry or make it more aesthetic like a mix of stone/brick renforced with metal or idk

To think about :

Base NPC: Some base npc could improve many thing in this game that really need life and content. It would not only make base alive and less empty, but could also be used for task like harvest  field, recolt wood/ore/stone wich will highly reduce the boringness of player to do it even for stupid upkeep, even thought they can't recolt billions, any help will free sometime to the player to play instead of farm cause farm/craft is not really playing ...., or again as guard to get a minimum of protection in our base so raid would be a bit more challenging and fair , or as trader that could go in town buy/sell stuff ( would also make a new event where people could raid wagon and get a part of transported stuff

There is many  possibility and improvement that could be bring to this game with just more NPC , unfortunatly, seeing the fact yu've no npc out of vendor and only braindead ai monster and animal, idk if you're able to do npc else yu would probably have add bandit or farmer or whatever instead of making all place dead/empty/destroyed ... xS And if yu're not able to add npc to make yur map alive then i've some doubt about what yu can do on this game, will it be an empty world where everything is about gather/craft and killing other or a true game ?

I'm not gonna lie, i've stoped the game since month due to the fact there is nothing to do else than craft and kill and that the map is so empty and dead and generic that we feel 0 immersion or the fact building is so greedy, i'm still  hoping good future for your game, so keep watching forum time to time, but the fact yu made downgrade that are the opposit of what player ask as well than axing yur game only about pvp more and more ruin my hope pretty fast. Seeing some NPC will restore my faith about the dev team capacity to make a good game not only a braindead battle royale without real content  xS

• Upvote 1

I personally would like to see half pieces of tiles. I was one of the few that started building from the middle of the plot and now I have extra space on each side that I cannot build :(

I would also like to have some sort of sign we can put in as well, like that we can edit for example to say "HOTEL""SHOP" or something, more decorations as well. Hmm some of decorations i'd like to see are bookshelves, books, piano, drapes, chandeliers, fire place, etc. 

I would like to see that we are able to build fences like barb wire or picket fence along with gates. 

Needs more lighting around like those candles being lit or something.

Redesign the garden planter, it looks kinda too modern, trying to keep the feel like an old western era.

Also just a thought if you want too put it into the game or not, mineral rights with the placement of land lots. Just thinking like players having deeds for land and they go out to claim an area that can produce either oil, gold, wood, stone, and maybe rich soil for crops, then players would have to go out all over the map just to find and pick out a land lot instead of being all huddled up in the safe zones. But they only have 1 choice of what they would want then they would have to build the structure in order to get the resources out of the land. Maybe have a trade wagon in place so any excess materials a player has can load it up on the trade wagon for sell and other player can come see what that player has to offer.

a whole lot better if i got all my materials credited after destroying or losing a building.

whole lot better if ya reduced cost of materials for building. (most stingy and greedy material cost)

we all have lives, other hobbys , and other games to play. so if you want all of our free time, youre gonna have to listen and make this game a whole lot bettrer

Agree with everyone on the property Flag matter,

Change it to a Letter box with the same function as the Flag..

Plus  other functions,

1. Transfer of goods like with the Post Office.

2. Leave Text messages to members [Offline]

3. Add members.

Other Building Materials to be added.

Add binoculars

Fences & Balustrades/Gates

In house weapon traps

Lighting :IE lanterns, Fire Place/with flutes, lit candles.

Planting = Farming and water system

Remove Metal walls  replace it with Bricks and concrete.

Trade shop = players selling booth

Better towns not half built or destroyed by aliens.. towns house =climbing access for stealing or robbery.

Add a Train [Building mode] even if waiting at a station/ plus carriages  = looting for goods

• Upvote 2

On 14/09/2019 at 3:27 AM, -DP- said:

Remove Metal walls  replace it with Bricks and concrete.

Nice to see i'm not the only one to suggest some change for this material, it's so ugly while a mix of brick renforced or not with metal stripe would look way better and more realistic ;P

• Like 1