• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Sheriff Billy

Item Drop on Death Change

Howdy partners!

First of all, sorry for the late announcement, but we ran into some issues and had to fix it first before we could inform everyone.

You might have already noticed that you now drop more items upon death. We have made these changes because we want players to be more concerned about dying when they walk around. Before these changes, you didn't have any reason to be scared to fight against other players, which also impacted people Killing on Sight for no reason.

So from now on, you will drop more items in general but it also depends on the size of the stacks (if stackable).

killed a dude yesterday, I had to scroll down like 4 times to see all the shit he dropped. whatever the change is you drop a SHIT ton of stuff now. I thought he was just loaded with extra loot

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Sheriff Billy said:

Howdy partners!

First of all, sorry for the late announcement, but we ran into some issues and had to fix it first before we could inform everyone.

You might have already noticed that you now drop more items upon death. We have made these changes because we want players to be more concerned about dying when they walk around. Before these changes, you didn't have any reason to be scared to fight against other players, which also impacted people Killing on Sight for no reason.

So from now on, you will drop more items in general but it also depends on the size of the stacks (if stackable).

If you think this is gonna help with people NOT killing on sight you are out of your mind.  Now that we know even more items drop, were all going to be going out looking for even more people to kill.  You guys just made the problem your trying to fix even worse.  There is a ren and stimpy meme I would like to refer you to. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/90/1a/87901a5a9f40dd25eb9792a60e646d3d.jpg  Don't get me wrong, I love pvp and am happy you did this, now I will get even more looted up for destroying players.  I'm not sure how you thought this would stop people from killing but whatever lmfao-ahsya Anyways, keep up the great work I love it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Camping Teddy said:

If you think this is gonna help with people NOT killing on sight you are out of your mind.  Now that we know even more items drop, were all going to be going out looking for even more people to kill.  You guys just made the problem your trying to fix even worse.  There is a ren and stimpy meme I would like to refer you to. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/90/1a/87901a5a9f40dd25eb9792a60e646d3d.jpg  Don't get me wrong, I love pvp and am happy you did this, now I will get even more looted up for destroying players.  I'm not sure how you thought this would stop people from killing but whatever lmfao-ahsya Anyways, keep up the great work I love it!

I understand your point here but the main purpose of the game is PVP and now it makes sense to hunt the player.

6 minutes ago, Sheriff Billy said:

I understand your point here but the main purpose of the game is PVP and now it makes sense to hunt the player.

Yeah, I'm totally in agreeance with you, I love what you did, I think it was a great idea.  I was hoping more stuff would drop.  You just made my day^^  I honestly was surprised this wasnt done sooner.

Sad. Guess I'll just find another game that doesn't encourage obsessively killing other players.

I do get the point that "the game is PVP and now it makes sense to hunt the player". The problem is it's not "PvP", it is just "Hunt other players", who are always at disadvantage (likely two bullets toward death if not instant death from getting ganked). If "casual players" can't go on hunting-gathering due to constant harassment, "obsessive player hunter" won't have much to loot from corpse.

It's basically why Battle Royale sparked, to push people closer to fight one another (PVP). Otherwise it's just people riding around to mass murder anyone unaware of their presence (Survival?). It would make sense if there was an equivalent force at work (Criminals won't fear death, they'll respawn), but haven't seen a game that have "obsessive player hunter" be law enforcement, mainly because those won't have interesting loot (bullets and more bullets? They might die, so travel light) compared to casual players (various metals, wood, food, herbs for crafting). I'm not going to spend time harvesting for players who just want to kill me.

You can still have nice PvP events without encouraging people to murder on sight across the map.

• Thanks 1

I hate this patch. That make sense to hunt player, only when you know that is a pvp game, with many event. Actually we haven't content. When i see the boring time for take item in the garden(for me isn't playing).But i make that for playing good after.
And after 1 death i lost 500 apples, 500 corn, 20 spike traps, 13 wooden spike barrieres, 60 steaks, 260 steak of squirrels+ ammo.... I don't see where is the pvp game. It's a farming gaming.

And i hate that. If i have deployed some gardens, its only for to be op in a open world / pvp. I am ok for making that, maybe 1h/mounth or week. For take some stocke...
Just next time, please advice us before the change.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It was fun for the month I have played it, it's going down hill now. The aimbotters are now rewarded by the recent changes. I'll cut my losses after the $30 I gave them.

• Upvote 2

I mean. I am glad you drop more stuff, you now have to be more careful what items you have on you... also I killed a dude with 40 shield pots on him, so I cant rly complain. :P

I see lots of players worried about getting ganked.  I personally am a solo player most of the time.  I dont have a problem getting ganked, in fact the more the marrier. If your a good pvper there isnt a problem.  I can usually take out a 2-3 man team by myself np.  Not all the time, just depends on the average skill level of the team, but honestly most teams I have ran across are really bad at pvp.  Dont get me wrong I die here and there too, but if you play smart you should have no issues.  What I do.  If you are collecting materials for base building or something else, go to a server that has a low population.  Don't collect gold and metal ore at easy to get to sites always go to the mines that are harder to get to, less chance player will traverse the harder routes.  Make sure you are looking around in 3rd person while mining, set your player in a position that allows you to see while mining. Always pay attention. When done mining, instead of running the loot back and risk getting killed with it, log out immediately after collecting it. You will be teleported to the nearest safe zone/railstation.  No worry about losing your hard earned items.  Dont travel with a lot of stuff on you. Minimize what you carry, be smart, only take 50-70 rounds of ammo at a time for each gun, thats enough for pvp and monster killing, without losing alot if you die, same with food, bandgaes, drink, etc, only carry enough for what you need, so when you die you dont drop extra stuff.  Repair guns before you go out, dont carry kits with you, chances are you wont be shooting enough to need kits. If you are doing an animal/monster hunt, carry just what you think you will need.  I mean its not hard, just play smart and you will minimize losing your stuff.

• Upvote 1

I am confused "Before these changes, you didn't have any reason to be scared to fight against other players, which also impacted people Killing on Sight for no reason."

Are you saying that you didn't feel there was enough Killing on Sight for no reason before the update and you wanted to address that?

For me, I like the PVP element, but I also like being able to try and enjoy the rest of the game.  The dropping of more items on death will mean that you either lose the items you have perhaps worked hard to collect or have to store them somewhere safe. Given the previous change where you can only store at the main Post Office, then you will be forever going back and forth. 

I don't like the Killing on Sight for no reason, a gun enjoyable good fight is something else.  If you are hoping to get more Killing on Sight for no reason then you should be looking at the consequences: it will proliferate, you get killed on sight for no reason, you go and find someone to kill on sight for no reason; you may lose some players this way as the game will become boring, it already has a sizeable chunk of boredom already due to lack of content, moving towards kill everything you see all the time isn't the way to fix it.

I'm hoping the game will change to something more enjoyable soon, because this isn't as it is now

• Like 1

Does this mean I can kill those premium gun carriers with a chance to retrieve their gun? If not, then I have spent my last minute on this game.

21 hours ago, MountainMan said:

It was fun for the month I have played it, it's going down hill now. The aimbotters are now rewarded by the recent changes. I'll cut my losses after the $30 I gave them.

I have a feeling with the aimbotters, that you are absolutely right. Cheaters have more incentive to be extra obvious now. Unless that is their goal. To provide a greedy outlet for hackers so they can be caught...? I havent seen or heard of hackers being dealt at all to be honest. Every sketchy fker I've come a crossed I have seen again elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

The only people this will hurt are those actually playing the game and new people. The PKers will just carry a weapon and small amount of ammo.  They'll pot up in safe zone, and go PKing. 

I don't see why people are angry at this update. First off if you are carrying 500+ of anything you deserve to have lost those items. Instead of having a weight system they give you the option to carry that much but at a risk.

Secondly they made it so AMMO doesn't drop which actually works against the pkers now. That was our main source of ammo meaning we have to use our own now, costing us money.

For those of you who don't like PVP there are PLENTY of other servers that are low population that you can grind whatever your doing. Main point of this game is to PVP. Raiding is currently non existent due to everyone storing items and houses just re-spawn instead of staying destroyed. So yeah it would be nice if other events were added to encourage more.

After you get to end game its all about pvp... Why else would you be trying to acquire guns and modding them up? To kill deer?

• Like 1

they keep rolling like this   , ignoring thee fact it was originally supposed to be a PvE/PvP    not PvP soley  ,   and I really do see this game going the way of face of mankind or apb reloaded

Well, there's  gonna be a few  PVP centric servers, and crafters/players will gravitate to the safer servers. But we all know, PVPers don't really want a challenge, they want prey, so they'll head over to where the people trying to play are and PK them, then come to the forums and brag like they made some great accomplishment. Yes, we know this will happen...it happens in every game. But I guess the good part is, after all the players are driven from the game, the PVPers will have to actually fight each other. That will blow for New Fromtier's bottom line, because PVPers are not the people who usually fund the majority of the game. PVPers don't want skill boosts, more money, deeds, etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Game devs, dont care about what we think. Too many games out there that just proves this. Epic, Pubg, Day Break, EA. As long as communities continue to fuel their garbage. They will keep shoveling them out. I thought this game was different. How wrong I was.  If its not the game dev's its their supporting interests...So essentially I blame them.

21 hours ago, Just4Me said:

Well, there's  gonna be a few  PVP centric servers, and crafters/players will gravitate to the safer servers. But we all know, PVPers don't really want a challenge, they want prey, so they'll head over to where the people trying to play are and PK them, then come to the forums and brag like they made some great accomplishment. Yes, we know this will happen...it happens in every game. But I guess the good part is, after all the players are driven from the game, the PVPers will have to actually fight each other. That will blow for New Fromtier's bottom line, because PVPers are not the people who usually fund the majority of the game. PVPers don't want skill boosts, more money, deeds, etc.

I think you make a great point about the difference between PvPers (player vs players) and PKers (player killers).  True PvPers want to test their skill by fighting other players straight up; PKers want to hunt other players and gank them (kill them without warning).

I also agree that many of the most profitable games in history have been PvP (CS, CoD, PUBG, LoL, FiFA, Madden) but I can't think of one that I would consider to be PK.  The games I would consider PK are typically persistent open world games that have regions or servers that allow ganking.  Many MMOs (AC1, AC2, LotRO, WoW) have these regions and servers and they tend to be much less popular than their PvE regions and servers.

I further agree that no player, especially the "whales" that carry free to play games, wants to be ganked so they will not support a game that supports the practice UNLESS they can pay to be immune to ganking and gank others with impunity.  This model is likely unsustainable because the supply of prey will likely soon dry up.

So what promotes ganking and how can it be stopped?  I suggest that it is a persistent open world with quick kills.  These qualities are necessary to make it impractical to constantly be on guard and to prevent the prey from escaping.  Since we want a persistent open world in New Frontiers, the solution is either to make PvE servers or provide better means for players to escape ganks (e.g. more durability or crowd control).

Free Reign clearly feels that PvP is essential to this game.  I think that many players are disappointed by this choice because New Frontier has a beautiful world and interesting mechanics that cannot be found elsewhere on PC.  I would encourage them to study the response to PvP changes and see if it makes sense to carve out space for PvE like Atlas recently did.

Have fun

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I kept a lot of loot in crates so didnt have to run around with it but came back and all gone whats wrong with this gane, I was not robbed no wall damaged no doors to the crates to pick it just dissapeared this game is starting to be a waste of time and I wont be spending real money until it is sorted.