• Announcements

• Frontier Admin

OFFICIAL DISCORD   07/10/2019

Join the conversation, ask your questions and interact with the entire community! Invite - https://discord.gg/newfrontier  
Sign in to follow this  
Marox

Flares dont worth

I am at the opinion that it dont worth to buy the flares at the shop. I am just talking about the weapons you can get. For 150 flares you launch, you will get 99% common weapons (Equalizer, Coach and Cattleman), which you can easy and cheap buy ingame . If you are very  lucky you will get a black widow and/or a 87. Meanwhile you have a much better chance to get better weapons at the Town Capture event.

What makes me angry is, that some people asked for a better rate of uncommon or rare guns weeks ago. Till now, there was no propper response from the devs (except "a Equalizer can be usefull"). I dont want to call it a scam, because you can get other (more or less) usefull items, but for weapons..... you know.

Dont buy the Flares at the shop, if you want a better weapon. They dont worth a cent. Just open the gun safes. No better chance, but you dont have to pay for it.

• Upvote 3

Marox bud its true i have 120 flares 3 days just a load of xxxx!!! no rare guns that should get better guns even rares  e.t.c or get back the money on flares and have useful items.  New players and old players to have balloons to make have the rare items (about 3 rare guns )they cann't use no more on that item gun so then they can sell it to players or swap other things..

For me, flares are just some kind of a lootbox. You have to pay and you dont know what you get and what are the chances for it. Even the Entertainment Software Association rowed back with that a bit. You know the discussion about that.

• Like 1

Update:

The drop of the weapons or weapon blueprints, by using flares you can buy at the ingame store, are still not fixed. 99% you will get Equalizers, Coaches, and Cattlemans (all Tier 1 weapons, you can easy and cheap buy inside the game with ingame dollars). The picture below shows a ramdom screenshot (i could post 59 more). Since the patch last week, you have to learn weapon blueprints to craft weapons. Sadly the balloon drops to 99% just the blueprint of a black widow or  a catleman 49, if it drops a blueprint. For now the flares are still almost useless, if you want to get a better weapon. The devs are aware of this issue since almost 6 weeks (maybe more). They collected datas of it. They finished the colletion of datas concerning this issue two weeks ago. Since then, there were two updates. No changes on the flares/drop of weapons or blueprints.

I am still like the game and supporting it, but for me this is a issue the devs should fix soon.

BalloonLootX.PNG

Update:

Ten days passed by. No chaneges concerning the drop rate of uncommon or rare weapons and blueprints. The only thing they have done is to rise the price of the flares massively up to 495 TN (apox 12 Euro for 20 flares). I asked for the reason on discord, but nobody could tell me. The devs not responding or answering. To rise the price for an almost useless item and dont fix the ussues with that item is a very bad idea and a very bad call to the player community. For me it sounds like "we are the devs, we dont care about that what the players want or complaining about, we do what we want to do". And of course, it was a very bad timing. They raised the price shortly after the announcement of RDR2/RDO for PC. Sonds like "grab what you can, the end is near". ;)

Note to the devs: take back the price of the flares. Fix the issues with the drop rate of uncommon or rare weapons and blueprints at the balloon event. Both immediatealy.

I dont like to talk about this issue again and again. I dont like to write negative about the developement. But some issues should be adressed. If nobody talking about, nothing will ever happen.

• Upvote 2

Update:

Today the flared balloons got a change. They enlarged the loot tabel and they rised the price up to 699 TN. I tested it and it was ok. For me flares now worth more, but the price is to high.

Case closed.